TaqPath BactoPure Microbial Detection Master Mix is optimized for rapid low-level microbial detection even in the presence of PCR inhibitors. All lots are functionally tested to help ensure lot-to-lot reproducibility for Ct and dynamic range consistency across a wide variety of assays. This General Purpose Reagent, labeled 'For Laboratory Use', is manufactured in an ISO 13485-certified and FDA-registered facility that adheres to the principles of current good manufacturing practices (cGMP).
Request an evaluation sample ›
Benefits of TaqPath BactoPure Microbial Detection Master Mix
• Consistent low-level detection of bacterial, fungal, mammalian, and viral DNA, as well as antibiotic resistance markers
• Tolerant of PCR inhibitors typically found in biopharmaceutical, molecular diagnostic, and research applications from both purified samples and crude lysates
• Wide linear dynamic range* (up to 8 logs) enabling accurate detection with both low- and high-DNA-concentration samples
• Optimized for multiplexing—available in two formulations that enable one- to four-target detection per reaction
• 72 pre-PCR benchtop stability of pre-assembled** reactions, enabled by our proprietary hot-start mechanism
• Compliance package containing the most frequently requested documents, available below
The master mix is available in two formulations:
• TaqPath Bactopure Microbial Detection Master Mix containing ROX dye as a passive reference is recommended for singleplex (1 probe) and up to triplex (3 probes) reactions
• TaqPath Bactopure Microbial Detection Master Mix (No ROX), which does not contain a passive reference, is recommended for use with assays utilizing the JUN (or similar omission wavelength) dye or for higher order multiplexing (>3 targets)
Consistent low-level detection
TaqPath BactoPure Microbial Detection Master Mix has been optimized for highly reproducible, low level detection from a wide variety of samples. While other commercially available mixes contain DNA background, which can lead to ambiguous results (figure below), each lot of TaqPath BactoPure master mix is tested on a panel of assays to certify that it is virtually free of such background prior to release. This enables TaqPath BactoPure master mix to reliably detect and quantitate low-concentration samples, as evident in the figure below. Also shown in a figure below is the consistent Cq results obtained from three unique lots across multiple assays, to maximize confidence in your results and highlight TaqPath BactoPure master mix’s exceptional lot-to-lot consistency.
Tolerant of PCR inhibitors
The unique proprietary TaqPath BactoPure master mix formulation allows robust performance even in the presence of substances that can inhibit PCR (figure below), resulting in effective template detection from both purified DNA and crude lysate as illustrated in figure below.
Wide linear dynamic range
TaqPath BactoPure Microbial Detection Master Mix has been validated to provide a wide linear dynamic range* (up to 8 logs), enabling accurate detection with both low- and high-DNA-concentration samples. The formulation can be run in either fast or standard cycling conditions on a wide variety of qPCR platforms. The figure below demonstrates the excellent PCR linearity over an 8-log input range with a pan bacterial assay.
Optimized for multiplexing
TaqPath BactoPure Microbial Detection Master Mix has been validated for multiplexing up to four targets in one reaction, allowing for additional assays and/or controls to be run simultaneously for increased efficiency. Figure below illustrates this multiplexing capability by comparing performance between singleplex and multiplex reactions.
General purpose reagent labeled 'For Laboratory Use' and manufactured under cGMP
TaqPath master mixes are general purpose reagents labeled ‘For Laboratory Use’ and manufactured in an ISO 13485-certified and FDA-registered facility that adheres to cGMP principles.
In an effort to efficiently support your compliance needs, the following frequently requested documents have been made available below.
• Statement of Quality relating to current good manufacturing practices (cGMP) of TaqPath master mixes
• Detailed lot-specific Certificate of Analysis (COA) (see below in Documents & Downloads section)
• Product Stability Statement
• Supplier evaluation support
-- Completed self-assessment
-- ISO certificates by manufacturing site
• For EU Reach compliance-related inquiries contact LSGChemicalCompliance@thermofisher.com
• BSE/TSE Statement
• Change control and notification registration
Not finding the compliance document you’re looking for? Technical Support is here to help.
Learn more about multiplexing, TaqPath probes, and how our products can help with your projects ›
* Dynamic range is a function of the assay and template concentration in the sample, as well as the formulation of the master mix; thus, individual results may vary.
** Pre-PCR stability is influenced not only by the master mix, but also by the target being analyzed. For maximum confidence, stability profiles of specific targets should be confirmed.