Isolate and enumerate yeasts and molds from dairy and food products1 and prepare Aspergillus niger for the Harmonised Microbial Limit Tests from international pharmacopoeia2,3,4 with Thermo Scientific™ Oxoid™ Potato Dextrose Agar (Dehydrated). This medium is suitable for the detection and enumeration of heat resistant molds in thermally processed fruits and fruit products5.
Pigment production is a critical part of the identification of the fungus. The agar used in the medium is carefully screened to ensure correct pigment production by fungi such as Fusaria spp.
|Certifications/Compliance||Industrial Reference: FDA.|
|Description||Potato Dextrose Agar|
|Yield||For 12.8L medium|
|Catalog Number||Specifications||Unit Size||Quantity||Price (USD)|
|CM0139B||Each||500 g||Request A Quote|
Use Potato Dextrose Agar for detection and enumeration of yeasts and molds in foods.
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.
Remel™ and Oxoid™ products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand.
1. American Public Health Association (1992) Standard Methods for the Examination of Dairy Products. 16th Edn. APHA Inc. Washington DC.
2. US Pharmacopoeia 30 (2008).
3. European Pharmacopoeia 6.1. 2.6.12 Microbiological Examination of Non-Sterile Products: Harmonised Method: Microbial Enumeration tests 2.6.13 Microbiological Examination of Non-Sterile Products: Test for Specified Micro-organisms. B. Harmonised Method. (2008).
4. Japanese Pharmacopoeia. 15th Edition. (2006)
5. American Public Health Association (1992) Compendium of Methods for the Microbiological Examination of Foods 3rd Edition. APHA Inc. Washington DC.