Perform susceptibility testing of carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae
(CRE) using Oxoid Meropenem/Vaborbactam MEV30 Antimicrobial Susceptibility Discs which contain the carbapenem, meropenem, and the novel beta-lactamase inhibitor, vaborbactam. The easy-to-use disk format may assist in the decision-making process of adding meropenem/ vaborbactam into your formulary.
- Meets CLSI recommended breakpoints
- Easy-to-use: shatterproof spring-loaded cartridges and easy-to-read labeling.
- Long-term stability ensured: each cartridge is individually sealed with a desiccant to maintain a moisture level of <2%.
- Accurate and reproducible: manufactured under stringent quality standards including BS EN ISO 9001:2008, ISO 13485:2003 and FDA 21 CFR part 820, with comprehensive quality control testing.
- Qualitative: categorizes resistant, intermediate, and sensitive organisms
- Trusted supplier: over 35 years of experience in disk development and manufacture
Meropenem/vaborbactam has been shown to be active both clinically and in vitro against:
- Escherichia coli
- Klebsiella pneumoniae
- Enterobacter cloacae species complex
Disk diffusion not only categorizes resistant, intermediate, and sensitive organisms through qualitative results but also provides a visual indication of the following:
- Inoculum level
- Presence of contamination
- Resistant mutants
- Beta-lactamase activity
- Antagonism and synergy between antibiotics
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a leader in providing AST solutions that help in the fight against antimicrobial resistance, offering high performance automated and manual test options and one of the largest, most up-to-date selections of antimicrobials for susceptibility testing.
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire. Remel™ and Oxoid™ products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand, combining powerful manual, semi-automated and fully automated test products and a comprehensive line of media and diagnostic products to offer a complete, end-to-end solution to quickly deliver the products you need and the quality results your laboratory depends on.