Previous methods of detecting urinary tract infections depended on freshly voided urine being delivered promptly to a bacteriological laboratory for examination, either immediately or after a short period of refrigerated storage. The dip slide was developed as a logical extension of this method, using a microscope slide coated on each side with a different culture medium. With these dip slides, larger areas of media can be used for bacterial assessment of urine, making them time- and cost-effective.
- Slide is made of easily disposable plastic with raised edges to ensure an even thickness of culture medium
- Molded grid allows for easier colony counting
- Slide is shaped to ensure drainage of fluid from the slide
- Cap forms a convenient handle by which it may be held without risk of touching the culture medium
- Bacteria chart is included, make examining growth simple for the operator and where laboratory facilities are limited
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.
Remel™ and Oxoid™ products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand, combining powerful manual, semi-automated and fully automated test products with a comprehensive line of media and diagnostic products, providing a complete, end-to-end solution to quickly deliver the products you need and the quality results your laboratory depends on.