Thermo Scientific Ribonuclease I (RNase I) is an endoribonuclease that preferentially hydrolyzes single-stranded RNA to nucleoside 3'-monophosphates via nucleoside 2', 3'-cyclic monophosphate intermediates.
The enzyme does not require any metal ions for activity.
• Stable and active under a wide variety of reaction conditions
• Can be heat inactivated in 30 minutes at 100°C
• Removal of RNA from DNA solutions
• Removal of RNA from recombinant protein preparations
• Ribonuclease protection assays
Mammalian ribonuclease inhibitors have no effect on RNase I. RNase I binds to DNA, but does not degrade it. RNase I amino acid sequence is typical for the RNase T2 family. Non-ionic detergents (e.g., Triton X-100) do not inhibit RNase I, and may even slightly stimulate its activity and stabilize it against heat inactivation. Triton X-100 or BSA (at 0.1 mg/mL) may prevent RNase I from sticking to glass vessels when working with dilute solutions. Polyamines stimulate the activity of RNase I.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.