Thermo Scientific dsDNase is an engineered shrimp DNase designed for rapid and safe removal of contaminating genomic DNA from RNA samples. It is an endonuclease that cleaves phosphodiester bonds in DNA to yield oligonucleotides with 5'-phosphate and 3'-hydroxyl termini. Highly specific activity towards double-stranded DNA ensures that RNA and single-stranded DNA such as cDNA and primers are not cleaved. dsDNase is easily inactivated by modetate heat treatment (55°C). These features make dsDNase an excellent choice for gDNA elimation prior reverse transcription. It allows for dramatically simplified workflow which combines genomic DNA elimination and cDNA synthesis into one-tube procedure.
• Highly specific degradation of double-stranded DNA
• Fast 2 min protocol for gDNA removal prior reverse transcription
• Heat-labile—irreversibly inactivated by moderate heat treatment (55°C)
• Genomic DNA removal from RNA samples prior first strand cDNA synthesis, RT-PCR and RT-qPCR
Specificities of dsDNase—dsDNase activity towards double- and single-stranded DNA and RNA oligonucleotides was measured. Relative activity values indicate that dsDNase is highly specific to double-stranded DNA.
• dsDNA - 100% relative activity
• ssDNA - <0.03% relative activity
• dsRNA - <0.01% relative activity
• ssRNA - <0.01% relative activity
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.