Thermo Scientific Proteinase K is a broad-range endolytic protease widely used for digestion of proteins in nucleic acid preparations. It degrades proteins even in the presence of detergents. Proteinase K cleaves peptide bonds at the carboxylic sides of aliphatic, aromatic, or hydrophobic amino acids. The Proteinase K is classified as a serine protease. The smallest peptide to be hydrolyzed by this enzyme is a tetrapeptide.
• Ready-to-use solution
• Active in a wide range of reaction conditions
• Isolation of genomic DNA from mouse tail
• Isolation of genomic DNA from cultured cells
• Removal of DNases and RNases when isolating DNA and RNA from tissues or cell lines
• Determination of enzyme localization
• Improving cloning efficiency of PCR products
• The recommended working concentration of Proteinase K is 0.05 to 1 mg/mL. The activity of the enzyme is stimulated by 0.2 to 1% SDS or by 1 to 4 M urea
• Ca2+ protects Proteinase K against autolysis, increases the thermal stability, and has a regulatory function for the substrate binding site of Proteinase K
• Stable over a wide pH range: 4.0 to 12.5, optimum pH 7.5 to 8.0
• Optimum activity at 50 to55°C
• Rapid denaturation of enzyme occurs at temperatures above 65°C
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.