Thermo Scientific WELQut Protease is highly specific, recombinant serine protease of Staphylococcus aureus
. It recognizes and precisely cleaves recombinant proteins containing an engineered recognition sequence† W- E- L- Q↓X (Trp, Glu, Leu, Gln, X can be any amino acid). The protease cleaves outside the recognition sequence without leaving additional amino acids bound to the target protein.
The WELQut Protease is active in a broad temperature (4 to 30°C) and pH (pH 6.5 to 9.0) range and does not require specific buffers.
In addition, this new protease has several procedural advantages - it is ideal for on-column proteolysis reactions and can be easily removed from reaction mixtures using its built-in His-tag.Highlights
• Cleaves outside WELQ recognition sequence, without leaving additional amino acids bound to the target protein
• Highly specific to cognate recognition site, does not generate non-specific product bands, even after long incubation and using excess of protease
• Easy to remove from the reaction mixture using built-in His-tag
• Ideal for on-column proteolysis reactionsApplications
• Removal of N-terminal fusion tags from recombinant protein preparations.Footnote
† This cleavage sequence is present in expression vector pLATE52 included into the Thermo Scientific aLICator LIC Cloning and Expression Kit 4 (N-terminal His-tag/WELQut) (#K1281)
available from Thermo Scientific.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.