Thermo Scientific Klenow Fragment is the large fragment of DNA polymerase I. It exhibits 5'→3' polymerase activity and 3'→5' exonuclease (proofreading) activity, but lacks 5'→3' exonuclease activity of DNA polymerase I.
• Incorporates modified nucleotides (e.g., Cy3-, Cy5-, aminoallyl-, biotin-, digoxigenin- and fluorescently-labeled nucleotides)
• Active in restriction enzyme, PCR, RT, and T4 DNA Ligase buffers
• DNA blunting by fill-in 5'-overhangs
• Random-primed DNA labeling
• Labeling by fill-in 5'-overhangs of dsDNA
• DNA sequencing by the Sanger method
• Site-specific mutagenesis of DNA with synthetic oligonucleotides
• Second strand synthesis of cDNA
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.