The Flow Cytometry Sub-micron Particle Size Reference Kit provides six sizes of green-fluorescent beads (ranging in diameter from 0.02 µm to 2.0 µm) packaged in individual vials. Each bead is uniform in size, and the green-fluorescent dyes are localized within the bead, which makes the beads brighter and more photostable than conventional surface-stained beads.
These size standards can help identify small bioparticles such as exosomes, bacteria, and viruses in experimental samples. This kit can also be used as a tool to verify instrument performance and establish parameters suitable for analyzing sub-micron particles, including:
• Particle size resolution limit and dynamic range
• Sensitivity of forward and side scatter photomultiplier tubes
• Level of instrument baseline noise
• Laser and optical alignment and stability
• Stability of the fluidics system
The bead diameters are determined by transmission electron microscopy, and the beads are provided as 2 mL suspensions with a density of ∼1× 106 beads/mL.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.