The ARL SMS-3500 Automation for Twin OES or XRF simplifies sample handling by providing a single introduction location for all samples with a magazine storage function to free the introduction. This reduces response times, increases sample processing cadence and improves the availability of automatic sample preparation in highly critical production control environments. Main Features
- Time-consuming electro-mechanical transfer systems are eliminated: the SMS-3500 robot moves samples between the system components in seconds
- Simplified operation and reduced system complexity make the ARL SMS-3500 easy to maintain and service
- One screen provides access to the full range of sample tracking and automation user functions.
- A single registration device and introduction location is used for all production samples, which are then automatically directed to the relevant system components
- Double sample preparation machine support reduces response times, increases sample processing cadence and improves the availability of automatic sample preparation in highly critical production control environments
- Simplifies operator's work: the automation system manages the samples based on their priorities and on the available sample preparation and analysis resources to optimize response times. Internal sample storage capacity is available to immediately free the sample introduction for the next samples
- Each instrument can be used off-line for manual work without interruption of the automatic system operation.
- The same analytical software is used for the XRF and OES applications, and automation is based on proven ARL SMS software.
Iron and steel application
High alloy, stainless steel, copper, brass and bronze applications
Aluminum or fire assay applications