With real time access to accurate data, the ARL SMS 2000 for XRF integrates sample preparation and analysis into a fully automated robotics cell to minimize response time, reduce manual errors, reduce chemical analysis variation, eliminates measurement delays, and save on personnel time and costs.
Each component of the system (spectrometer – SMS system – preparation machine) has its own intelligence and works simultaneously and independently of the others. This distributed processing concept maximizes the system efficiency because tasks are performed in parallel rather than sequentially.
- Results are available quickly and large numbers of samples can be processed.
- Qualified lab personnel can be released from routine duties.
- Automated sample preparation and analysis including registration.
- Automatic result distribution.
- Instrument control using check samples and standardization.
- For operation on the production shop floor, the system can also be delivered as a turnkey package with sample preparation in the Thermo Scientific™ ARL™ XRF QuantoShelter.