Thermo Scientific PCR Master Mix is a 2X concentrated solution of Taq DNA Polymerase, dNTPs, and all of the components required for PCR, except DNA template and primers. This pre-mixed formulation saves time and reduces contamination due to a reduced number of pipetting steps required for PCR set up. The mix is optimized for efficient and reproducible PCR.
• Convenient, ready-to-use mix • Thermostable—half life is more than 40 min at 95°C • Generates PCR products with 3'-dA overhangs • Incorporates modified nucleotides (e.g., biotin-, digoxigenin-, fluorescently-labeled nucleotides)
• Routine PCR amplification of DNA fragments up to 5 kb • High throughput PCR • DNA labeling
• The error rate of Taq DNA Polymerase in PCR is 2.2 x 10-5 errors per nt per cycle, as determined by a modified method described in. Accordingly, the accuracy of PCR is 4.5 x 104. Accuracy is an inverse of the error rate and shows an average number of correct nucleotides incorporated before an error occurs.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Fidelity (vs. Taq):
GC-Rich PCR Performance:
Taq DNA Polymerase
SuperMix or Master Mix
Contents & storage
• 4 x 1.25 mL PCR Master Mix (2X), which includes:
— Taq DNA polymerase (0.05 U/µL),
— reaction buffer,
— 4 mM MgCl2, and
— 0.4 mM of each dNTP
• 4 x 1.25 mL Nuclease-free water