|Catalog Number||Unit Size||Price (USD)||Availability||Quantity|
Thermo Scientific GeneJET Genomic DNA Purification Kit is designed for rapid and efficient purification of high quality genomic DNA from various mammalian cell culture and tissue samples, whole blood, bacteria and yeast.
The kit utilizes silica-based membrane technology in the form of a convenient spin column, eliminating the need for expensive resins, toxic phenol-chloroform extractions, or time-consuming alcohol precipitation.
The standard procedure takes less than 20 minutes following cell lysis and yields purified DNA greater than 30 kb in size. Isolated DNA can be used directly in PCR, Southern blotting and enzymatic reactions.
• Universal—can be used for both cell and tissue samples from a wide range of sources
• Efficient—high yields of high molecular weight genomic DNA
• Fast—20 minute procedure following cell lysis
• Convenient—spin columns are capped and assembled with collection tubes
Isolated genomic DNA is ideal for use in common molecular biology procedures, including:
• PCR and qPCR
• FastDigest and conventional restriction digestion
• Southern blotting