Thermo Scientific GeneJET RNA Purification Kit is a simple and efficient system for purification of total RNA from mammalian cultured cells, tissue, human blood cells, bacteria, and yeast.
The kit utilizes a silica-based membrane technology in the form of a convenient spin column, eliminating the need for tedious cesium chloride gradients, alcohol precipitation, or toxic phenol-chloroform extractions.
RNA molecules longer than 200 nucleotides can be isolated with the GeneJET RNA Purification Kit in 15 minutes after the lysis step. The high-quality purified RNA can be used in a wide range of downstream applications, including RT-PCR, RT-qPCR, Northern blotting, and other RNA-based analyses.
• Universal – can be used for both cell and tissue samples from a wide range of sources: mammalian blood, mammalian cell cultures, mammalian tissues, insect, yeast, and bacteria
• Efficient – high yields of total RNA.
• Fast – 15 minutes after lysis step
• Pure – an A260/280 ratio > 1.9
• Convenient – spin columns are capped and assembled with collection tubes
• Fast extraction of high purity RNA suitable for all conventional molecular biology procedures, including:
• Northern blotting
• Nuclease protection assayIncludes Proteinase K Lysis Buffer Wash Buffer 1 (concentrated) Wash Buffer 2 (concentrated) Water, nuclease-free GeneJET RNA Purification Columns (pre-assembled with Collection Tubes) Collection Tubes (2 ml) Collection Tubes (1.5 ml) Detailed Protocol
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.