Thermo Scientific GeneJET Whole Blood Genomic DNA Purification Mini Kit utilizes silica-based membrane technology in the form of a convenient spin column, eliminating the need for expensive resins, toxic phenol-chloroform extractions, or time-consuming alcohol precipitation. The standard procedure takes less than 20 minutes following cell lysis and yields purified DNA greater than 30 kb in size. Isolated DNA can be used directly in PCR, Southern blotting, and enzymatic reactions.
• Efficient—high yields of high molecular weight genomic DNA
• Fast—20 minute procedure following cell lysis
• Convenient—spin columns are capped and assembled with collection tubes
• Pure—DNA pure from enzyme inhibitors, RNA and proteins. Ready to use for all demanding applications and validated in real-time PCR, endpoint PCR, multiplex PCR, and restriction enzyme digests
• Compatible—suitable for wide variety of samples like fresh or frozen anticoagulated mammalian blood (treated with EDTA, Citrate or Heparine), aged blood, buffy coat, bone marrow, and body fluids
• Isolated genomic DNA is ideal for use in common molecular biology procedures, including:
• PCR and qPCR
• FastDigest and conventional restriction digestion
• Southern blotting Includes Proteinase K Solution Lysis Solution Wash Buffer WB I (concentrated) Wash Buffer II (concentrated) Elution Buffer GeneJET Purification Columns (pre-assembled with collection tubes) Collection tubes Detailed Protocol
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.