|Catalog Number||Unit Size||Price (USD)||Availability||Quantity|
Thermo Scientific GeneJET Plant Genomic DNA Purification Mini Kit is designed for rapid and efficient purification of high quality genomic DNA from a wide variety of plant species and tissue types. It utilizes silica-based membrane technology in the form of a convenient spin column, eliminating the need for expensive resins, toxic phenol-chloroform extractions, or time-consuming alcohol precipitation.
• Fast—procedure completed in 30 min following cell lysis
• Convenient—protocol does not include clogging-prone lysate filtration step
• High yield—up to 32 µg of high quality DNA from 100 mg sample, including nuclear, mitochondrial, and chloroplast DNA
• Compatible—use with awide variety of samples (leaves, roots, sprouts and other parts of various plants)
The standard procedure takes less than 30 minutes following cell lysis and yields purified DNA greater than 30 kb in size. DNA yields vary between different species and tissues depending on genome size, ploidy, cell number, and the age of the tissue sample. The typical yield from a standard tissue source (e. g. young wheat leaves) is 30 to 32 µg from 100 mg of tissue. Isolated DNA can be used directly in PCR, qPCR, southern blotting, and enzymatic reactions.
• Isolated genomic DNA is ideal for use in common molecular biology procedures, including:
• PCR and qPCR
• FastDigest and conventional restriction digestion
• Southern blotting