Thermo Scientific Maxima First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit for RT-qPCR is a convenient system optimized for cDNA synthesis in 2-step quantitative RT-PCR (RT-qPCR) applications. The kit uses Maxima Reverse Transcriptase (RT), an advanced enzyme derived by in vitro
evolution of M-MuLV RT. The enzyme features high thermostability, robustness and increased cDNA synthesis rate compared to wild type M-MuLV RT.
The Maxima First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit for RT-qPCR is capable of reproducible cDNA synthesis from a wide range of total RNA amounts (1 pg to 5 µg) at elevated temperatures (42 to 65°C).The synthesis reaction can be completed in 15 to 30 minutes. Components of the Maxima First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit for RT-qPCR are pre-mixed to save time and to reduce the possibility of pipetting errors.Highlights
• High yields of full length cDNA up to 20 kb
• Efficient cDNA synthesis at wide temperature range from 42°C to 65°C
• Increased synthesis rate—complete cDNA synthesis in 15-30 minutes
• High sensitivity and specificityApplications
• 2-step RT-PCR
• 2-step RT-qPCRMaxima First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit for RT-qPCR contains
• Maxima Enzyme Mix
• 5X Reaction Mix
• nuclease-free waterAdditional Information about Reaction ComponentsThe Maxima Enzyme Mix contains Maxima Reverse Transcriptase and Thermo Scientific RiboLock RNase Inhibitor,
. The recombinant RiboLock RNase Inhibitor effectively protects RNA templates from degradation by RNases A, B and C at temperatures up to 55°C.5X Reaction Mix contains the remaining reaction components: reaction buffer, dNTPs, oligo(dT)18 and random hexamer primers.Water, nuclease-free
is provided for reaction set-up and dilution of sample RNA. The absence of endo-, exodeoxyribonucleases, ribonucleases and phosphatases has been confirmed by appropriate quality tests.Related ProductsMaxima First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit for RT-qPCR, with dsDNaseMaxima First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit for RT-qPCRMaxima First Strand cDNA Synthesis Kit Reaction Mix (5X)
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.