TOPO™ TA Cloning™ Kits are designed for cloning PCR products directly from a PCR reaction in just 5 minutes (1). They use a pCR™-TOPO™ Vector with covalently bound topoisomerase I for fast cloning and recombinants. pCR™-TOPO™ Vectors include:
• 3´-T overhangs for direct ligation of Taq-amplified PCR products
• Choice of T7 (pCR™2.1-TOPO™) or T7 and SP6 (pCR™II-TOPO™) promoters for in vitro RNA transcription and sequencing. Each vector also contains M13 forward and reverse primer sites for sequencing.
• EcoR I sites flanking the PCR product insertion site for easy excision of inserts
• Kanamycin and ampicillin resistance genes for your choice of selection in E. coli
• Easy blue/white colony screening for selection of recombinants
TOPO™ TA Cloning™ Kits are available in combo kits combined with a PureLink™ Quick Plasmid Miniprep Kit (50 preps) for fast plasmid purification of your TOPO™-cloned inserts for downstream analysis.