The SureTect System is an optimized solution combining speed and performance in an easy-to-use, cost-effective platform—giving you results you can trust.
- Rapid actions: fast, optimized single enrichment step and automatic result interpretation.
- Simple workflow: single enrichment protocols, pre-dispensed reagents, universal PCR protocols for detection of multiple targets in the same run.
- Intuitive, user-friendly software: reliable results, with no subjective interpretation.
- Peace of mind: broad range of validated workflows according to AFNOR and AOAC-RI, supported by our dedicated and experienced technical teams
- Maximum flexibility: the ability to run all assays simultaneously and the flexibility to test up to 96 samples in each run helps you operate more efficiently.
The SureTect E. coli O157:H7 PCR Assay has been extensively tested on a range of food matrices from food manufacturing environments, including samples of raw ground beef, raw beef trim, fruit juice and produce. Includes
- SureTect Lysis Reagent 1 Tubes
- SureTect Lysis Tube Caps
- SureTect Proteinase K
- SureTect E. coli O157:H7 PCR Tubes
- SureTect PCR Caps
Enriched samples are pipetted into pre-filled lysis tubes, along with Proteinase K, before incubation, to lyse any bacterial cells present in the sample and release their DNA into the solution. The lysate is then loaded into the SureTect E. coli O157:H7 PCR tube to re-hydrate the pre-loaded PCR pellet which contains all of the necessary components and reagents for PCR, including a probe, primers and DNA template for the internal amplification control (IAC). The PCR tubes are then sealed, loaded into Applied Biosystems™ QuantStudio™ 5 Food Safety Real Time PCR instrument with RapidFinder™ Analysis Software v1.o or the Applied Biosystems 7500 Fast Food Safety 96-well Real-Time PCR instrument, and the run started using the RapidFinder™ Express Software v2.0 or later. After completing the run, interpreted results are clearly displayed and can be reported, stored, printed or downloaded as required. The internal amplification control confirms correct assay conditions have occurred.
As with all test methods, the source, formulation and quality of enrichment medium can influence the results. Thermo Fisher Scientific has evaluated the SureTect PCR Assays workflows with industry leading Oxoid™ and Remel™ media formulations, as well as, ISO formulations where fit for purpose.
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.