Experience quality and reliability with this rapid and accurate latex test for the identification and differentiation of staphylococcus aureus
. White latex particles are coated with human fibrinogen for detection of clumping factor and specific IgG for detection of protein A.
When mixed on a slide with a suspension of S. aureus
, reaction of clumping factor with the fibrinogen and/or protein A with the IgG causes rapid, strong agglutination of the latex particles. Proven Performance
- Rely on tried-and-true tests with more than 50 years of combined proven performance
- Maintain confidence with reliable results that have greater than 99% sensitivity and specificity (according to data available in the package inserts)
- Clear-cut, robust reactions provide easy-to-read results
- Improve productivity with compact kit configurations, color-coded reagents, and convenient workstations
- Flexible use from selective and non-selective media
- Control latex is not required
- Maximize spending efficiency with the option of purchasing separate kit components
- Save time, money, and resources by turning to one company, one source, for a complete set of Staph identification solutions
Although Staphylococci are commonly found on the skin and in mucous membranes, they have been associated with many human and animal infections. S.aureus
and other coagulase-positive Staphylococci have been identified as a cause of suppurative infections, food poisoning and toxic shock syndrome and have been isolated from nearly all anatomical sites.
Not all products are available for sale in all territories. Please inquire.
Remel™ and Oxoid™ products are now part of the Thermo Scientific brand, combining powerful manual, semi-automated and fully automated test products and a comprehensive line of media and diagnostic products to offer a complete, end-to-end solution to quickly deliver the products you need and the quality results your laboratory depends on.