ActinGreen 488 ReadyProbes Reagent is a selective, high-affinity F-actin probe (phalloidin) conjugated to our bright, photostable, green-fluorescent Alexa Fluor 488 dye. ActinGreen 488 reagent is formulated as a room temperature-stable solution of Alexa Fluor 488 Phalloidin (Cat. No. A12379) and comes in a convenient dropper bottle. Just tip and drip two drops per ml to stain your cells.
Also available: AlexaFluor 488 phalloidin
at 12.5X concentration (66 U/mL) in PBS with BSA and trace amounts of methanol and sodium azide.
• High-affinity staining of F-actin with superior specificity compared to antibody methods
• Outstanding fluorescence performance (Ex/Em: 495/518 nm)
• Ready-to-use liquid formulation in convenient dropper bottle—no need to dilute, weigh, or pipette
• Stability at room temperature—keep handy at your scope or cell culture areaSee other ReadyProbes reagents for cell stainingLearn more about other stains for actinCell imaging applications
Phalloidin is a bi-cyclic peptide, commonly used in imaging applications to selectively label F-actin. Fluorescently-labeled phalloidin has several advantages over antibodies for actin labeling, including virtually identical binding properties with actin from different species of plants and animals, and low non-specific binding. Phalloidin binds F-actin with high selectivity, while Alexa Fluor 488 dye provides green fluorescence of unparalleled brightness and photostability.Suggestions for use
• ActinGreen 488 reagent may be added directly to fixed cells in full media or buffer solutions.
• In most cases, 2 drops/ml and an incubation time of 15 to 30 minutes is sufficient for bright actin staining; however, optimization may be needed for some cell types, conditions, and applications. In such cases, simply add more or fewer drops until the optimal staining intensity is obtained.
• ActinGreen 488 dye is excited with a maximum at 495 nm and has an emission maximum at 518 nm. It is detected through standard GFP and FITC filters.
Visualize staining your cell without wasting your reagents, antibodies, or time with our new Stain-iT Cell Staining Simulator
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.