ActinGreen 488 ReadyProbes Reagent is a selective, high-affinity F-actin probe (phalloidin) conjugated to our bright, photostable, green-fluorescent Alexa Fluor 488 dye. ActinGreen 488 reagent is formulated as a room temperature-stable solution of Alexa Fluor 488 Phalloidin (Cat. No. A12379) and comes in a convenient dropper bottle. Just tip and drip two drops per ml to stain your cells.
Also available: AlexaFluor 488 phalloidin
at 12.5X concentration (66 U/mL) in PBS with BSA and trace amounts of methanol and sodium azide.
• High-affinity staining of F-actin with superior specificity compared to antibody methods
• Outstanding fluorescence performance (Ex/Em: 495/518 nm)
• Ready-to-use liquid formulation in convenient dropper bottle—no need to dilute, weigh, or pipette
• Stability at room temperature—keep handy at your scope or cell culture areaSee other ReadyProbes reagents for cell stainingLearn more about other stains for actinCell imaging applications
Phalloidin is a bi-cyclic peptide, commonly used in imaging applications to selectively label F-actin. Fluorescently-labeled phalloidin has several advantages over antibodies for actin labeling, including virtually identical binding properties with actin from different species of plants and animals, and low non-specific binding. Phalloidin binds F-actin with high selectivity, while Alexa Fluor 488 dye provides green fluorescence of unparalleled brightness and photostability.Suggestions for use
• ActinGreen 488 reagent may be added directly to fixed cells in full media or buffer solutions.
• In most cases, 2 drops/ml and an incubation time of 15 to 30 minutes is sufficient for bright actin staining; however, optimization may be needed for some cell types, conditions, and applications. In such cases, simply add more or fewer drops until the optimal staining intensity is obtained.
• ActinGreen 488 dye is excited with a maximum at 495 nm and has an emission maximum at 518 nm. It is detected through standard GFP and FITC filters.