SYTOX™ Orange Dead Cell Stain is a bright, easy-to-use nucleic acid stain for distinguishing dead from live cells in flow cytometry assays. It is excitable at 532 nm with an emission profile similar to R-PE, and has been tested in an assortment of cell types.
View a selection guide for all nonfixable viability dyes for flow cytometry
.You get these advantages with SYTOX™ Orange Dead Cell Stain:
• Bright Signal
—Easily distinguishes dead cells from live cells.
• Rapid Staining
—Single step, No Wash Assay to assess viability of unfixed cells.
—in Jurkat, ReH, CHO, Kg1a, 3T3, HeLa, HEK (primary cells), and lysed whole blood.
—Dye concentration has been optimized for use in flow cytometry.
—Tested in a variety of experimental applications.A bright stain in an easy-to-use, no-wash assay
SYTOX™ Orange Dead Cell Stain is a cell-impermeant nucleic acid stain. By flow cytometry, dead cells can be easily distinguished from live cells by the increased fluorescent signal due to dsDNA binding of SYTOX™ Orange. Because it is non-fluorescent in aqueous media, SYTOX™ Orange Dead Cell Stain can be applied to cells and visualized with minimal background staining and without an additional wash step.Validated in flow cytometry
SYTOX™ Orange Dead Cell Stain is designed for flow cytometry using the 488 nm blue laser or 532 nm green laser with emission in the 575/26 BP filter (similar to PE). The dye concentration has been optimized for samples with concentrations ranging from 1x104
cells per ml.SYTOX™ Orange Dead Cell Stain has been validated in several cell types including:
• HEK (primary cells)
• Lysed whole bloodSYTOX™ Orange Dead Cell Stain has been tested in several applications including:
• Cell cycle
• Cell proliferation
• Immunophenotyping assaysPart of the SYTOX™ family of cell viability stains
SYTOX™ Dead Cell Stains come in an assortment of excitation/emission characteristics and have been incorporated into a number of assays for apoptosis, cell viability, and metabolism.
• SYTOX™ Blue Dead Cell Stain (S34857): 405 nm violet laser.
• SYTOX™ AADvanced™ Dead Cell Stain (S10274, S10309): 488 nm laser with red emission.
• SYTOX™ Red Dead Cell Stain (S34854): 633/5 nm red laser.
• SYTOX™ Green Dead Cell Stain (S34861): 488 nm laser—green emission.
• SYTOX™ Dead Cell Stain Sampler Kit (S34862)
• Learn about all SYTOX™ Products.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.