NOTE: For all steps concerning the PreTreatment Module™ (PTM), please refer to PTM manual.
1. Place five-micron thick tissue sections on glass slides treated to enhance tissue adherence. Dry slides at 37°C overnight or 60°C for one hour. Sections should be thoroughly dry before proceeding.
2. Fill each of the Pretreatment Module (PTM) tanks with 1.5L of the appropriate PTM buffer.
3. Program PTM to preheat to 60°C and heat to 98°C for 20 minutes (or use protocol deemed optimal in your laboratory).
4. Start preheat cycle (ideally the PTM is preheated before slides are placed in the solution. This saves time).
5. Mount the slides into the Autostainer racks.
6. Place slide racks into the PTM.
7. Press RUN on the PTM to start the heating cycle. The PTM will heat to the desired temperature and then cool down to 60°C. A beep will sound when the program is finished (about one hour total).
8. Take racks out of PTM and place in Autostainer.
9. Wash slides well with either warm (60°-80°C) Autostainer buffer or distilled water.
10. Proceed with desired Autostainer program.
11. Dispose of solution according to local disposal regulations. See MSDS. Do not reuse solution. General References:
1) Yorukoglu K, et al. (1997). Appl Immunohistochem. 5(1), 71.
2) Shi, S-R, Key ME, Kalra KL. (1991) Histochem Cytochem. 39, 741-8.
3) Shi,et.al. J Histotech. 20(2),145-158.