For many cell-based assays, gas control in a microplate reader saves time and labor by enabling simultaneous incubation and measurement, so researchers don’t have to shuttle plates between an incubator and a reader to maintain optimal conditions for cell samples. The Varioskan LUX offers an optional integrated gas module, which allows users to set and monitor atmospheric conditions inside the microplate reader.
- Control CO2 levels from 0.1% to 15% and oxygen levels from 1% to 21%, either simultaneously or individually
- Allows users to set gas levels as part of the protocol setup in the intuitive Thermo Scientific™ SkanIt™ software
- Tracks and records gas levels throughout the run for traceability
- Integrated completely inside the instrument – no extra space needed
- Well-suited for a wide range of cell-based applications, including studies involving long-term cell proliferation, induction and detection of hypoxia (such as in cancer research), and growth of anaerobic bacteria
The gas control module can be included with the Varioskan LUX reader at time of purchase or added later, if needed. Contact your sales representative for more information.