Frequently Asked Questions
Supply Center customers have access to a dedicated Supply Centre Customer Service team. The team can be contacted via phone or email from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.
Your Supply Centre is customized to fit your research—we will work with you to ensure that you have the appropriate storage units and capacity to operate the Supply Centre as effectively as possible.
Dependent on your institution, Supply Centre users can add nonstock items to your Supply Centre shipment. With the Supply Centre Management System (SCMS), you also have the option of shipping directly to your lab via next-day delivery (freight/shipping charges would apply).
The quickest way to order from your Supply Centre is through lifetechnologies.com
- If you have a lifetechnologies.com username and password, and simply want to connect to your Supply Centre account, complete this short form, which will be sent to Supply Centre Customer Service, or contact Supply Centre Customer Service directly
- If you do not have a lifetechnologies.com username and password, complete the online registration form.
- Log in to your account
- Hover over “Account” in the upper right corner
- Select “Profile”
- Once in your Profile, you can add more SCMS sites to your username
- If you do not see your Supply Centre in your profile, please contact Customer Service
Activation (account approval) for online ordering may take 24–48 hours. During this time you will be able to sign in and place orders. However, orders placed while registration is pending account approval will remain on hold. Once registration has been approved and an account is associated, you will receive an email notification and your pending order(s) will be processed.
Contact Supply Centre Customer Service (see above) for your sales representative contact information.
The quickest way to open a Supply Centre is to contact your sales representative and express your interest. Once contact has been initiated, a meeting will be scheduled to gather some basic information, and discuss qualifying criteria. After this a member of the Supply Centre team will work diligently to equip your account with the right storage units and your favourite Thermo Scientific™ and Life Technologies™ products.
FAQs relating to your on-site stocking program (OSP)
All customers will receive a Supply Centre by Thermo Fisher welcome pack in January 2015 with all sales contact information. In the meantime if you have any queries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
If there will be changes to your OSP / Supply Centre a Thermo Fisher representative will contact you prior to Jan 26th 2015
If there will be no impact to your OSP a Thermo Fisher Scientific representative will contact you later in 2015 and you should continue to order per the instructions in your welcome pack
- Your welcome pack will outline changes (if any) to your current ordering process
- Which account number should I use for the withdrawal protocol? (existing OSP customers only) This will change for all customers on Jan 26th and your welcome pack will outline changes to your account number
- Do I get a regular stock list with the content of the OSP? Yes this will be provided to all customers by Jan 26th
- What products will be available? There will be an extended portfolio throughout 2015, your rep will be in contact with you to discuss what products can be added to your OSP / Supply Centre by Thermo Fisher Scientific. These new products will be available to view at lifetechnologies.com on Jan 26th
- How do you handle expired products in future? – All products remain the property of Thermo Fisher Scientific until removed from the OSP. Should these expire we will replace at no cost to you
- Can I place single orders with the withdrawal protocol? Yes
- Can I add new products into the OSP / Supply Centre by Thermo Fisher Scientific with my withdrawal protocol? Yes
- Can my invoice be prepared as per the requirements of my institute / university? Yes
New contracts will be provided in 2015
Yes all prices will be harmonised to ensure lowest price and your current quote will be transferred – to discuss pricing please contact your sales rep. There are no freight charges for products ordered to the OSP / Supply Centre by Thermo Fisher Scientific. Products ordered direct to lab as non-stocked items will be liable for freight charges.
Yes after Jan 26th 2015
All prices will be harmonised to ensure lowest price to discuss pricing please contact your sales rep.