Shop All Dehydrated Culture Media Products
Yeast Extract (Gibco™)
Related yeast extract products:
• Bacto Yeast Extract—one of the most complete and versatile fermentation supplements available. It is an important ingredient for the microbiological assay of vitamins. Yeast extract is also of value in the assay of antibiotics. B factor, a growth substance necessary for the production of rifampin in a Nocardia species, can be isolated from yeast extract.
• Bacto Yeast Extract, Technical—developed to provide products priced for the biotechnology market with acceptable clarity and growth-promoting characteristics
• Gibco Yeast Extract—developed to provide a product for the biotechnology/pharmaceutical market with acceptable clarity and growth-promoting characteristics. Media formulations containing yeast extract are specified in standard methods for various applications.
• Difco Yeast Extract UF—ultra-filtered and specifically designed for mammalian cell culture applications. With its low endotoxin level and high content of naturally occurring B vitamins, it can be used effectively to reduce the need for fetal bovine serum. It has an endotoxin level of less than or equal to 500 EU/g.
• Difco Yeast Extract Low-Dusting (LD)—designed to limit the amount of dust generated compared to other spray-dried yeast extracts.
Yersinia Selective Agar Base (Dehydrated) (Thermo Scientific™)
Isolate and enumerate Yersinia enterocolitica from clinical specimens and food samples with this selective medium
Oxoid™ Legionella CYE Agar Base (Thermo Scientific™)
Isolate Legionella from environmental samples and clinical specimens using this medium.
Orange Serum Agar (Dehydrated) (Thermo Scientific™)
Remel™ Eugon Broth (Thermo Scientific™)
Bacto™ Proteose Peptone (Gibco™)
• Bacto Proteose Peptone is used in preparing microbiological culture media and in producing bacterial toxins
• Bacto Proteose Peptone No. 2 is used in preparing microbiological culture media
• Bacto Proteose Peptone No. 3 is used in preparing microbiological and mammalian cell culture media
• Bacto Proteose Peptone No. 4 is a spray-dried version of Bacto Proteose Peptone. It offers the same beneficial nutrients as Bacto Proteose Peptone for growth promotion and toxin production in a wide range of fastidious microorganisms.
We also offer alternatives to Bacto Proteose Peptones for scale-up to production applications, including BiTek Proteose Peptone.
Rappaport-Vassiliadis Enrichment Broth (Dehydrated) (Thermo Scientific™)
Selectively enrich Salmonella spp. from food and environmental specimens with this selective medium.
Lauryl Tryptose Broth (Dehydrated) (Thermo Scientific™)
Remel™ Fluid Sabouraud Medium (Thermo Scientific™)
Tergitol-7 Agar (Dehydrated) (Thermo Scientific™)
Remel™ Tryptic Soy Agar (Thermo Scientific™)
Tetrathionate Broth (Dehydrated) (Thermo Scientific™)
Selectively enrich specimens undergoing examination for salmonellae with this selective medium while complying with the United States Pharmacopoeia.
Oxoid™ Standard Plate Count Agar (Thermo Scientific™)
Remel™ Fluid Thioglycollate Medium (Thermo Scientific™)
Sorbitol MacConkey Agar (Dehydrated) (Thermo Scientific™)
Selectively detect Escherichia coli O157 with this medium.