Shop All Focused Ion Beam Electron Microscopes (FIB)
OptiFIB Taipan for Semiconductors Thermo Scientific™
Circuit edit technology provides rapid prototyping of small design corrections at various points in the IC manufacturing process: after first silicon debug; for performance enhancements during yield ramp; to create a small number of functioning chips for beta developers; and to resolve reliability issues. Circuit edit engineers mill the chip to the site of the suspected defect, and then remove or deposit conductors or insulators in precise geometries-allowing IC manufacturers to validate design changes without re-spinning masks and processing additional wafers.
To meet the stringent circuit edit requirements of the 10nm node, Thermo Scientific™ OptiFIB Taipan focused ion beam system was engineered to meet the challenges of advanced designs and processes. A new coaxial ion-photon column, electronics, chamber and stage enable a highly controlled beam profile and current, accurate navigation and ion beam placement, and reliable end-pointing. An updated chemical delivery system provides industry-leading etch and deposition chemistries.
Helios™ G4 PFIB CXe DualBeam™ for Semiconductors Thermo Scientific™
The Helios G4 PFIB CXe DualBeam System enables you to:
- Reveal the finest details using best-in-class Elstar™ SEM Electron Column with high-current UC+ monochromator technology, enabling nanometer SEM image resolution and surface sensitivity.
- Perform the highest throughput and quality relevant 3D characterization, cross-sectioning, and micromachining using the next-generation 2.5μA Xenon Plasma FIB (PFIB 2.0) Column.
- Prepare high-quality Ga+ free TEM samples thanks to the PFIB 2.0 Column’s superior performance at all operating conditions and guided TEM sample preparation workflow.
- Achieve high-productivity, curtain-free preparation of large area cross-sections and highest quality TEM lamella with Auto Rocking Mill.
- Navigate precisely on your sample, tailored to individual application needs thanks to the highly flexible 110mm stage and optional in-chamber NavCam.