Shop All Antibiotics and Supplements
Bacto™ Neopeptone Gibco™
• Enzymatic digest of bovine (milk) and porcine protein
• Animal origin nutritional supplement
• Contains a wide variety of peptide sizes in combination with vitamins, nucleotides, and minerals
Applications of Bacto Neopeptone include:
• Recommended for use in media for detection of fungi
• Reported to provide nutrients for support of spirochetes and protozoa
• Microbial fermentation
• Production of vaccines for animal health applications
Difco™ Beef Extract Gibco™
• An animal origin nutritional supplement
• A mixture of peptides, individual amino acids, nucleotides, organic acids, minerals, and vitamins
Applications of Difco Beef Extract include:
• Use in a variety of microbial fermentation cell lines
• Used to produce numerous animal health vaccines
Feed Kit C+ Gibco™
Dialing in a glycan profile
The manual included in the kit (and downloadable below) provides complete protocols for testing GlycanTune C+ Total Feed with EfficientFeed C+ Supplement or another feed to obtain a set of conditions similar to those shown in the charts below. The first chart depicts protocol conditions for establishing a glycan shift pattern and the second shows typical results from a shifting experiment to help you hone in on the best feeding strategy to achieve a desired galactosylation profile.
Simplified handling to reduce risk in scale-up
The ability to scale up using AGT dry format provides easier handling and storage in manufacturing and other bioprocess settings. Fewer parts and reconstitution steps mean fewer opportunities for operator error. Further, the ability to store this feed, even when super-concentrated, for the length of a bioreactor run at room temperature in the dark may lessen the chance of contamination by reducing the number of connections to the bioreactor to one or two. Customization of other feeding formulations is possible should that option suit your needs better after trying this kit. Contact your local Field Application Scientist through your Account Manager to learn more about our customization capabilities.
Cell Culture Contamination Detection Kit Invitrogen™
Penicillin was originally purified from the fungus Penicillium and acts by interfering directly with the turnover of the bacteria cell wall and indirectly by triggering the release of enzymes that further alter the cell wall. Streptomycin was originally purified from Streptomyces griseus. It acts by binding to the 30S subunit of the bacterial ribosome leading to inhibition of protein synthesis and death in susceptible bacteria. Amphotericin B is an antifungal agent that prevents the growth of fungi and yeast by causing an increase in fungal plasma membrane permeability.
Get faster staining and more accurate results without the need for wash steps or quencher dye
• Specific detection of phagocytosis and endocytosis
• Reduced signal variability and improved timing in sensitive experiments
• Multiplex with green dyes such as GFP, Fluo-4, or calcein
The fluorescence of the novel pHrodo® Red dye dramatically increases as pH decreases from neutral to the acidic, making it an ideal tool to study phagocytosis and its regulation by drugs and/or environmental factors. The lack of fluorescence outside the cell eliminates the need for wash steps and quencher dyes. Use the ready-made pHrodo® Red S. aureus BioParticles® conjugates in imaging or flow applications, or pHrodo® Red SE, the activated succinimidyl ester, for labeling microorganisms or proteins of your choice.
Cotton 200, UF, is rich in nucleoside content and digested to enhance peptide content. It is processed to provide higher concentrations of vitamins, which can help maintain performance in mammalian and microbial processes.
Cotton 200, UF, is also part of the Peptone Preview Pak which contains:
• Cotton 100, UF—rich in nucleoside content and digested to enhance peptide content. It is processed to provide higher concentrations of vitamins, which can help maintain performance in mammalian and microbial processes.
• Wheat 100, UF—ultra-filtered supplement and good source of glutamine, which makes it ideal for mammalian cell culture applications. It is digested for enhanced peptide content resulting in a low concentration of free amino acids and carbohydrates.
• Soy 100—highly digested soy protein peptone that is high in nucleosides and free amino acid content. It has high concentrations of vitamins and carbohydrates and is recommend for a wide variety of processes.
• Pea 100, UF—ultra-filtered peptone digested to enhance nucleoside and free amino acid content. The high total amino acid content and low carbohydrate content are similar to many high-performance animal origin peptones.
• Yeast 100—designed to enhance the content of vitamins and other key nutritional components found in yeast. It is intended for nutritional supplementation for mammalian, microbial, and insect cell culture.
Peptone Preview Pak supplements are non-GMP prototype products that are not for manufacture use. Larger sizes are available through the Gibco Custom Products Services.
Trypsin/EDTA Solution (TE) Gibco™
This trypsin is manufactured as follows:
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
cGMP Manufacturing and Quality System
Gibco® Trypsin is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility, located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
We offer E. coli (K-12 strain), S. aureus (Wood strain, without protein A) and zymosan (S. cerevisiae) BioParticles® conjugates covalently labeled with a variety of different fluorophores (special care has been taken to remove free dye after conjugation). Unlike the fluorescence of fluorescein-labeled BioParticles® conjugates, which is partially quenched in acidic environments, the fluorescence of the Alexa Fluor®, BODIPY® FL, tetramethylrhodamine and Texas Red® dye conjugates is uniformly intense over the pH range from 3 to 10.
• Label (Ex/Em): Alexa Fluor® 594 (~590/617 nm)
• Particle: E. coli (K-12 strain)
• Opsonizing reagent available
Using BioParticles Products
BioParticles® conjugates are provided as lyophilized powders. There are approximately 3 x 108 E. coli or S. aureus particles per mg solid and approximately 2 x 107 zymosan particles per mg solid. BioParticles® conjugates can be reconstituted in the buffer of your choice for use in phagocytosis assays. The fluorescence of BioParticles® conjugates that are bound to the surface of the cell (but not internalized) can be quenched by ethidium bromide, trypan blue, or other quenchers. In addition to cellular applications, fluorescent BioParticles® conjugates may be effective as flow cytometry calibration references when sorting bacteria and yeast mutants. These small particles may also be useful references for light scattering studies because their sizes and shapes differ in characteristic ways.
Find More BioParticles® Products
We offer a large range of dye-labeled and unlabeled E. coli (K-12 strain), S. aureus (Wood strain, without protein A), and zymosan (S. cerevisiae) BioParticles® products. Find out about these products and their applications by reviewing Probes for Following Receptor Binding and Phagocytosis—Section 16.1 in the Molecular Probes® Handbook.
For pH-sensitive endocytosis assays, see our pHrodo™ BioParticles® conjugates.
For Research Use Only. Not for human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use.
Epidermal Growth Factor, Biotinylated, complexed to Alexa Fluor™ 647 Streptavidin (Alexa Fluor™ 647 EGF complex) Invitrogen™
Epidermal Growth Factor Conjugate Specifications:
• EGF molecule: 53 amino acids, MW=6,045 Da
• Label (Ex/Em): Biotin-XX complexed with Alexa Fluor® 647 streptavidin (~650/665 nm)
• Number of fluorophore molecules on each EGF molecule: ~2–3
• Fluorescence is typically monitored using a flow cytometer, fluorescence microscope, or fluorimeter
Find More Receptor Binding and Phagocytosis Probes
We offer a number of fluorescently labeled probes for studying receptor-mediated endocytosis, membrane markers for endocytosis and exocytosis, and methods for detecting internalized fluorescent ligands. Review Probes for Following Receptor Binding and Phagocytosis—Section 16.1 in the Molecular Probes® Handbook for more information on these products.
For Research Use. Not for human or animal therapeutic or diagnostic use.
For in vitro diagnostic use.
cGMP Manufacturing and Quality System
Gibco® KaryoMAX® Colcemid™ Solution in PBS is manufactured at a cGMP compliant facility, located in Grand Island, New York. The facility is registered with the FDA as a medical device manufacturer and is certified to ISO 13485 standards.
Bacto™ Proteose Peptone Gibco™
• Bacto Proteose Peptone is used in preparing microbiological culture media and in producing bacterial toxins
• Bacto Proteose Peptone No. 2 is used in preparing microbiological culture media
• Bacto Proteose Peptone No. 3 is used in preparing microbiological and mammalian cell culture media
• Bacto Proteose Peptone No. 4 is a spray-dried version of Bacto Proteose Peptone. It offers the same beneficial nutrients as Bacto Proteose Peptone for growth promotion and toxin production in a wide range of fastidious microorganisms.
We also offer alternatives to Bacto Proteose Peptones for scale-up to production applications, including BiTek Proteose Peptone.
KnockOut™ Serum Replacement Gibco™
Many of the drawbacks of using FBS in stem cell culture, (differentiation of cells and heat-inactivation) can be alleviated with the use of KnockOut™ Serum Replacement. ES and iPS cells grown in KnockOut™ SR-supplemented media are substantially less differentiated than those grown in FBS-supplemented media, and germline transmission should not be compromised. With over 2000 peer-reviewed publications covering applications such as stem cell culture, differentiation, iPSC generation, ESC derivation, and transgenic modeling, KnockOut™ Serum Replacement is widely cited for stem cell culture.