Gemini FTIR/Raman Handheld Analyzer
Minimize time on target with the new Gemini Analyzer
Thermo Fisher Scientific has redefined performance and portability with the new Thermo Scientific™ Gemini™ Analyzer, the world’s first and only handheld integrated Raman and FTIR instrument.
The Gemini handheld analyzer minimizes time on target while delivering comprehensive and confirmatory results in a single, field-portable device, empowering military personnel, bomb technicians, hazmat teams and first responders to execute their missions quickly, safely and confidently.
- Complementary and confirmatory test results
- Lightweight, compact, certified to MIL-STD-810G
- FTIR & Raman Scan Delay in one analyzer
- Customizable profiles to set scan parameters
- Clear, color-coded, definitive test results
- Available with the HazMasterG3™ decision support system from Alluviam LLC for virtual mixture analysis and interactive problem solving on scene
By integrating Raman and FTIR both into a single analyzer, operators harness the power of each technology while enabling a broader range of chemical identification.
Gemini leverages the field-proven performance of Thermo Scientific™ FirstDefender™ and Thermo Scientific™ TruDefender™ instruments to accurately identify a broad range of solid and liquid chemicals, from explosives and chemical warfare agents to industrial chemicals and precursors.
- Comprehensive onboard library
- 24/7 reachback support
- Motorized anvil to adjust sample pressure
- Scan Assist to guide technology selection and sampling
Featured Gemini analyzer video
See the results of years of user input and collaboration with the U.S. Military—the Gemini Analyzer was designed with an understanding of the conditions emergency responders face and the demands placed on their equipment.
- Gold Medal in the Forensics and Security category at the 2016 Edison Awards, which honors excellence in human-centered design and innovation
- Editor's Choice Award in the Analytical Test category at the 2015 R&D 100 awards, which honors the best innovations of the year across a range of industries
- Bronze Innovation Award at Europoltech in the Supermodern 2015 Programme
- "Highly Commended" recognition as part of the ADS Security Innovation Awards 2015 at the Security and Policing Conference in the UK
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturing All-Star Innovators Award in "Analytical and Monitoring Devices" Category