UK & Ireland: Chromatography, Mass Spectrometry and Trace Elemental Seminars, User Meetings & Workshops
Mar 06, 2019
- Mar 06, 2019
Find out about and register to attend learning opportunities in your area
Click on any tab below for more information on each event, including times, locations and agendas and how to register.
For more information or if you have any questions about the events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Enhance your IC knowledge and skills
We will be opening our doors to share our IC experience with a unique day of free workshops and application support at our Centre of Exellence in Hemel Hempstead, and, for the first time, we are taking this informative day on-the-road, around the UK and Ireland.
10:00 a.m. IC Instrumentation: Tips and Tricks
Get hands on with the instruments, discuss your applications and quiz the Specialists on all aspects of IC.
1:30 p.m. Chromeleon for Ion Chromatography
Develop your Thermo Scientific Dionex Chromeleon 7 Chromatography Data System (CDS) skills to maximize the potential of your IC.
Register for one session or both, or arrange to bring in your own specific application queries. Groups will be kept small, with lunch and refreshments provided.
Upcoming dates in 2018 and 2019
|January 8||Hemel Hempstead|
|March 12||Hemel Hempstead|
|June 11||Hemel Hempstead|
|September 10||Hemel Hempstead|
To book your seat or for more information, please contact email@example.com
or your local Thermo Scientific IC product specialist.
Join our pharmaceutical impurity workshop to hear from leaders in the field how you can optimse your impurity analysis workflows to obtain greater productivity, sensitivity, accuracy and reproducbility to meet increasing regulatory requirements and lower limits of detection. Learn how to achieve all of this, whilst also increasing laboratory efficiency and reducing the cost per sample.
- Overview of pharmaceutical impurities: Dr. Christian Zeine will present an overview of the topic of pharmaceutical impurities including what constitutes an impurity, the various types of impurities, the regulatory guidelines and detection limits and the important points to consider during impurity testing.
- Inorganic impurity analysis workflow: During this presentation novel and existing inorganic impurities will be discussed and how ICP-MS can being utilised and optimised to obtain ultimate sensitivity and rapid detection and quantitiation of such impurities. Also how automatic method devlopment can improve productivity.
- Organic impurity analysis workflow: Strategies will be shown to improve productivity, reduce cost per sample and gain deeper insights for organic impurity analysis using novel UHPLC and detector technology. How to achieve confirmation, identification and quantification simultaneously with a multi-detector approach.
- Ion chromatography for the analysis of pharmaceutical impurities: What are the benefits to using IC-MS comapred to standard IC with conductivity? Making mass spectormetry accessible to the chromatographer through chromatography data system (CDS) software.
- Practical session on ibuprofen impurity analysis: Small groups at different stations in the lab (LC station with LC and UV, CAD and MS detection) to investigate imourities in ibuprofen: Rotate around three stations to gain experience of using high-throughput, sensitive and accurate LC-UV, LC-MS, IC-MS and ICP-MS instrumentation to improve performance and productivity in confirmation, identification and quantitiation of impurities. Including a demonstration of the efficiency and compliance tools within Thermo Scientific™ Chromeleon™ CDS software to streamline the impurity analysis process.
- Why use reference standards: This presentation will investigate why to use reference standards and the main points to consider for their use.
Venue: Thermo Fisher Scientific Stafford House, Boundary Way, Hemel Hempstead, HP2 7GE
For questions about this event or to reserve your seat please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mar 06, 2019 - Mar 06, 2019
Royal Society of Chemistry | Burlington House | Piccadilly | Mayfair | London W1J 0BD
Open doors with LC-MS solutions for clinical research and routine diagnostic testing
Join our free seminar to hear about the latest innovations and technologies being developed to support your current and future laboratory testing needs. Hear from leading individuals in a range of fields how our flexible and fully automated mass spectrometry solutions have enabled them to achieve better flexibility, productivity and confidence in results.
From the provision of proven clinical laboratory tests to scalable translational research solutions, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a partner you can trust. We will assist in enabling your clinical applications today and tomorrow with efficient, robust, and productive platforms. With our portfolio of instrumentation, software, reagents and support, we are able to deliver solutions for a wide range of research and clinical analytical needs.
Topics will include
- High Resolution Accurate Mass screening and quantitation*
- Single cell analysis with ICP-MS detection*
- Fully automated LC-MS/MS clinical analysis**
Confirmed speakers include
Ed Hinchliffe, Manchester Royal Infirmary; Prof Jörg Bettmer, University of Oviedo; Jo Adaway, Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust; Edd Rab, Northern General Hospital Sheffield and Nicola Jessop, Royal Hallamshire Hospital.
Lunch and drinks will be provided.
Numbers are limited and we advise you to register to reserve your place.
* For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures
** For In Vitro Diagnostic Use. CE IVD compliant. Available in select countries only
See what else we have for you both at home and away!
See our on demand webinars, including:
Suppression Unravelled - Cost Saving, Sensitivity and Robustness
The suppressor. That small magic device in your ion chromatography (IC) system that seems to do so much work. Do you really know what’s happening in that little box? Why are there bubbles? Bubbles are bad, right? This webinar will be unravelling the suppressor, what actually happens inside, why do you need it and why are there different types available? We will also be talking you through how to look after it and what to look out for when something isn’t quite right. Understanding suppression is the key to understanding ion chromatography!
Speaker: Daniel Talbot, Ion Chromatography Applications Specialist, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
See us at these upcoming events around the UK and Ireland - visit us at our booth and discuss your challenges with our specialists
|Lab Innovations||31 October - 1 November||Birmingham|
|UK & Ireland Ass. of Forensic Tox Annual Conf (UKIAFT)||1 - 2 November||Dublin|
|Scottish Metabolomics Network Meeting||1 - 2 November||Dundee|
|WWEM||21 - 22 November||Telford|
|Advances in Clinical and Forensic Analysis||27 November||London|
|Metabomeeting||17 - 19 December||Nottingham|
Training Courses near you
Do you need help with your new Thermo Scientific instrument, or feel you could benefit from refresher training? Then join one of our many specialised courses at a Centre of Excellence near you, or a course tailored to your requirements at your site.
Because...you love science
Stay in touch and receive perfect messages to help you advance your research. Join one of our many applications communities to gain access to a collection of scientific applications, videos, webinars, and resources relevant to you.