When you're looking for sustainable products, we believe it should be easy to make informed purchasing decisions. We're working to provide more information about our products' environmental impact by stepping up to participate in the ACT Label program with selected products. Created by non-profit organization My Green Lab to help consumers make smart, sustainable product choices, the virtual ACT Label provides environmental Accountability, Consistency, and Transparency for each labeled product through an environmental impact score. The score is based on the product's environmental impact with regard to manufacturing practices, energy and water use, and end-of-life disposal. It's like an eco-nutrition label for lab products.
How to use the ACT Label
Region-Specific ACT Labels
Scores for shipping impact and end of life disposal are dependent on where the product is made and then sold and used. To address regional score differences, My Green Lab has now begun publishing region-specific labels for product used in the United States, the European Union and United Kingdom.
ACT US Label
ACT European Union Label
ACT UK Label
Learn more about My Green Lab's ACT label for laboratory products
Find information about the ACT program and published Thermo Scientific Nalgene and Matrix ACT labels.
Read an in-depth description of the ACT label and our role in helping advance the program.
Our participating products
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our mission to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer drives our commitment to sustainability. Participating in this program is one more way we're partnering to deliver sustainable solutions to help laboratories impact the world in all the right ways, and helping enable more informed sustainable purchasing decisions. Find out more about ACT Labeled products ›
Shop ACT Label Products
- Nalgene Narrow-Mouth HDPE Lab Quality Bottles with Closure
- Nalgene Narrow-Mouth HDPE Economy Bottles
- Nalgene Narrow-Mouth Economy HDPE Bottles: Bulk Pack, Assembled
- Nalgene Square Narrow-Mouth HDPE Bottles with Closure
- Nalgene Rectangular HDPE Bottles with Closure
- Nalgene Wide-Mouth Lab Quality HDPE Bottles
- Nalgene Wide-Mouth HDPE Economy Bottles with Closure
- Nalgene Wide-Mouth HDPE Economy Bottles with Closure: Bulk Pack
- Nalgene Square Wide-Mouth HDPE Bottles with Closure
- Forma FDE Series -40°C Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
- Forma FDE Series Ultra-Low Temperature GP Freezers
- HERAfreeze HDE Series -40°C Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
- HERAfreeze HDE Series Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
- Revco RDE Series -40°C Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
- Revco RDE Series Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
- TDE Series -40°C Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
- TDE Series Ultra-Low Temperature Freezers
- TSX Series Ultra-Low Freezers
- TSX Series High-Performance -30°C Auto Defrost Freezers
- TSX Series High-Performance Plasma Freezers
- TSX Series High Performance -20°C Manual Defrost Freezers
- TSX Series High-Performance -20°C Manual Defrost Enzyme Freezers
- TSX Series High-Performance Flammable Material Storage -20°C Manual Defrost Freezers
How sustainable are your lab practices?
Laboratories can be big consumers of resources and waste producers, but there are choices you can make everyday to lower your lab’s environmental impact and achieve sustainability stardom. Put your lab practices to the test in the environmental board game where every action has a reaction.
Greener alternatives: 50 product categoriesOur ongoing Greener products program also makes it easier for you to find sustainable product options. Look for the green leaf and find green fact sheets that document environmental claims on our product and search results pages.
For our list of greener product alternatives, visit thermofisher.com/greener products ›