Innovative science requires versatile tools. Invitrogen provides researchers with just such a tool—Qdot nanocrystals with varied surface chemistries. These products provide the highest degree of flexibility in nanocrystal-based experimental design, offering:
- Eight distinct, photostable colors
- Multiple surface functionalities for unique conjugations
- An excellent scaffold for introducing multiple functions
- Broad possibilities for FRET-based applications
Qdot Innovator's Tool Kit ITK Nanocrystals
Qdot Innovator's Tool Kit ITK nanocrystals enable researchers to achieve custom Qdot nanocrystal labeling of nearly any material of interest. Qdot ITK nanocrystals are available with three different surface chemistries—carboxyl groups, amino groups, or organic-soluble groups—for extremely versatile labeling options. These materials provide a remarkable platform for the development of nanocrystal-based assays; for example, they allow researchers to modify Qdot nanocrystals in a controlled stoichiometric fashion, and to experiment with any number of functional surface modifications. The customizable surface of Qdot ITK nanocrystals should prove particularly useful in the preparation of probes with multiple surface functionalities for powerful, data-rich assays.
Qdot nanocrystal technology
Qdot ITK amino (PEG) nanocrystals can be coupled by a wide variety of standard amine-reactive crosslinking chemistries (top). Qdot ITK carboxyl nanocrystals can be coupled using standard EDC (carbodiimide) activation and coupling chemistries (bottom).
Qdot products combine the revolutionary fluorescence performance inherent in the nanocrystal structure with a highly customizable surface for directing the bioactivity of Qdot nanocrystals or for conjugating them to a wide range of molecules of interest. Qdot nanocrystals represent a truly enabling "nanotechnology"—the many benefits they bring to fluorescence methodology include:
- Long-term photostability for live-cell imaging and dynamics studies
- Fixability for follow-up immunofluorescence from in vivo studies
- Archivability for permanent sample storage in pathology
- Brilliant colors for simple, single-excitation source, multicolor analysis
Learn more about Qdot Nanocrystals
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.