Invitrogen Dynabeads magnetic separation products provide most reliable and reproducible results for purification and analysis of cells, proteins, DNA, RNA and other molecules. Dynabeads products are very gentle, as these magnetic beads capture targets of interest from the biological samples placed in tubes or plates, and no columns or centrifugation steps are required.
Characteristics of Dynabeads
- Dynabeads are superparamagnetic particles, meaning that they exhibit magnetic properties when placed in a magnetic field with no residual magnetism once removed from the magnetic field
- Unique batch-to-batch reproducibility secures reproducible, quality results
- Spherical shape and defined surface chemistry minimize chemical agglutination and non-specific binding
- The polymer shell on each bead protects your target from toxic exposure to iron
- Bioreactive molecules can be adsorbed or coupled to their surface, and used to separate biological materials (cells, proteins, nucleic acids, etc).
Dynabeads technology for magnetic bead separation
Magnetic particles (Figure 1) from alternative suppliers often have a random size range and surface area that could compromise the reproducibility of your results.
The tightly controlled Dynabeads production processes deliver uniform spherical beads, with highly defined and consistent product characteristics. The level of reproducibility within and between batches of Dynabeads is quite unique. Minimization of the variability of the magnetic beads size, shape and properties ensures the best performance and highly reproducible results.
Figure 1. SEM-pictures of Dynabeads (A) and alternative magnetic particles from other suppliers (B–E). Courtesy of Mikal Heldal, University of Bergen, Norway.
Select your application for in-depth information
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.