When patient safety is on the line, rely on the accuracy of on-demand systems
In traditional batch processing, technicians print hundreds of cassettes and slides, then manually match them with specimens—often hours later. It’s a system destined for transference errors.
Thermo Scientific™ on-demand slide and cassette printing solutions make accuracy easy. Labeling takes place right at the laboratory technician’s workspace—right when the tissue is processed. No unattended samples; no illegible, handwritten cassettes or slides; no confusion.
Grossing—Cassettes are printed on-demand during grossing by scanning barcoded specimen containers and selecting key variables via a simple input device like a barcode scanner or touchscreen.
Microtomy—Slides are printed on-demand during sectioning by scanning barcoded cassettes and selecting key variables via a simple input device like a barcode scanner or touchscreen.
Immunohistochemistry—IHC slides are printed at the microtome with the necessary text and barcodes to automate the IHC stainer process.
- Our experienced technical support team is ready to assist with any pre- and post-sale needs you may have
- Our LIS integration experts are available to assist in configuring your system
- We offer dedicated telephone support for all labeling and tracking products
The Thermo Scientific™ SlideMate™ AS slide printer is designed to be highly reliable, and easy to operate. By employing simple mechanics, the SlideMate AS reduces slide-handling problems associated with other slide printers.
Collection trays, marking pens, and more for your SlideMate AS Slide Printer, SlideMate Slide Printer, PrintMate AS Cassette Printer, and PrintMate Cassette Printer.
Easy-to-use software platform for labeling and tracking
- Laboratory Information System connectivity
- Intuitive user interface
- Print text in an unlimited range of fonts and sizes
- Print 2D data matrix barcodes