SeCore® HLA Sequence-Based Typing
SeCore® Kits are Invitrogen's latest line of high resolution HLA typing products based on sequence based typing - the 'gold standard' of allele identification. Our kits are designed for ease of use and yield high quality results.
- Identical cycling profile for all loci reducing sample handling errors and improving user efficiency
- Short, 1.5 hour amplification time for completion of amplification and sequencing in a single day
- Robust allele identification of all loci and balanced allele peaks for heterozygous identification
- Comprehensive offering of Group Specific Sequencing Primers (GSSPs) for resolving ambiguities
- Customized uTYPE® Dx Sequencing Analysis Software for efficient results analysis and interpretation
Figure 1. The SeCore® strategy begins with the amplification of the target locus by cycling an amplification mix, FastStart™ Taq DNA Polymerase and sample genomic DNA. The resulting product is treated with ExoSAP-IT™, prior to sequencing, to degrade the unincorporated primers and hydrolyze the free nucleotides. The nucleotide chronology, and resulting HLA subtype is determined by multicolor, fluorescence-based, BigDye® Terminator sequencing. The final reactions are purified by an ethanol precipitation prior to loading. Denatured samples are loaded and results detected on an automated sequencing instrument.
SeCore® kit components are matched and quality controlled for peak performance
- FastStart™ Taq DNA Polymerase
- ExoSap-IT™ enzyme
- Sequencing mixes - primers, dyes, terminators, polymerase
- Precipitation buffer
- Complete protocol