What are AcroMetrix Controls?
Thermo Scientific™ AcroMetrix™ quality controls are part of a portfolio of high-quality molecular products that includes controls and validation panels to assist in the implementation and monitoring of assays for clinical and research laboratories, blood centers, and IVD manufacturers. Our product offering includes products from oncology, transplant and infectious disease testing, blood screening solutions, and development of custom QC solutions to meet your individual needs.
Thermo Fisher Scientific offers a comprehensive product line that includes third party controls and standards. All of our products are traceable to a known standard. Currently, CMV, EBV, HIV-1, HCV, and HBV AcroMetrix quality controls products can be traced to the World Health Organization (WHO) standard. When a WHO reference standard is not available, we develop our own standards [AcroMetrix Primary Standard (APS)] and customers can trace AcroMetrix quality control products back to the standards on future lots.
AcroMetrix is your trusted brand of choice for molecular Quality Controls testing
Controls Mimic Human
Traceability to Known
Why choose AcroMetrix Controls?
- Consistent lot-to-lot performance: Minimize testing variability and time spent qualifying cross-over studies as each lot is traceable to the first lot manufactured.
- Controls that mimic original human sample: AcroMetrix Controls mimic human samples. AcroMetrix controls utilize whole virus and bacteria, testing both extraction and amplification workflows.
- cGMP documentation for your next audit: A Certificate of Analysis is available with each production lot, to ease the process of passing your next laboratory audit.
- Multi-analyte controls to maximize efficiency: Monitor multiple analytes in your multiplexed assays simultaneously using pooled multi-marker controls. The bulk format of the multi-analyte controls allow for cost-effective QC. Our controls are also available in single-analyte configurations.
Learn more about the AcroMetrix family of products
Why use quality controls?
Facilitate the accuracy and integrity of laboratory test results with AcroMetrix molecular standards and quality controls, services and online tools. From initial method validation and verification to recurring regular QC monitoring and calibration verification - we support laboratories, blood screening centers, IVD manufacturers, and proficiency survey providers engaged in molecular and serological technologies for both clinical diagnostics and research applications.
Our wide range of custom and catalog solutions are focused on the goal of standardizing and simplifying controls used in molecular testing:
- Establishing the traceability of results
- Providing controls that mimic the original sample, ensures consistent, accurate, and meaningful test results
Panels for validation and verification
Routine use of AcroMetrix quality controls may increase overall laboratory efficiency:
- cGMP-level documentation for your next audit
- Know what to expect with Certificate of Analysis for every lot
- Less time spent on sourcing materials and sample characterization
- Reduce variability in testing
- Minimize time spent on lot changes
- Reduce instrument downtime with easy troubleshooting
Controls for QC monitoring
AcroMetrix controls are designed for use with molecular and serological technologies for both clinical and research applications. Compatible systems include:
- Abbott m2000, ARCHITECT™
- Applied Biosystems™ Real-Time PCR Systems
- Cepheid™ GeneXpert™
- Hologic™ TIGRIS™, PANTHER™
- Roche COBAS™ series, LightCycler™
- Thermo Scientific™ Ion PGM™ (Personal Genome Machine)