Thank you for registering.
An email has been sent to the address provided with access details. Please add email@example.com to your Safe Senders list.
Developing Quality Control Plans for Medical Laboratories
New quality control (QC) requirements for medical laboratories take effect in 2016—Are you ready for the revised US CLIA regulations? Join us for this four-part eLearning series presented by industry expert Dr. James O Westgard, co-founder and principal of Westgard QC, Inc., and learn how to develop the best QC Plan for your laboratory.
Part 1: Developing Quality Control Plans for Medical Laboratories—recorded 17-Sep-14
- Review CLIA options for compliance with QC regulations
- Understand the general concept of a Total QC Plan and the specific requirements for Individualized QC Plan
- Formulate a general approach for developing QC Plans
Part 2: Right-Sizing Statistical QC (SQC) Procedures Using Westgard Sigma Rules in a Total QC Plan—recorded 8-Oct-14
- Assess sigma quality of a test and test system as a measure of risk
- Use sigma quality to select the right control rules and right number of control measurements to detect medically important errors
- Use sigma quality to prioritize other controls for inclusion in a Total QC Plan
Part 3: Performing a Risk Assessment to Identify Hazards and Target Failure Modes—recorded 12-Nov-14
- Review CMS requirements for identifying hazards
- Compare 2-factor and 3-factor models for estimating risk
- Rank risk factors for severity, occurrence, and detection on a qualitative scale
- Prioritize failure modes by calculation of risk
Part 4: Mitigating Risks With an Individualized QC Plan—recorded 10-Dec-14
- Compare approaches for mitigating risk by manufacturers and laboratories
- Assess important characteristics and capabilities of controls
- Identify controls that can be implemented in your laboratory
- Identify controls that can be implemented in POC applications
Who should attend?
- Laboratory managers
- Laboratory directors
- Lab supervisors
- QA managers
- QC coordinators
- Medical technologists