Simplifying ISO 15189: the real-world impact to laboratory quality management
This webinar was recorded on June 10, 2015.
ISO 15189 is rapidly emerging as the true global standard for quality in medical laboratories. Yet this standard continues to inspire confusion and debate over its meaning and requirements. Why struggle over implementation when you can simplify your efforts? Join us on June 10, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern / 3:00 p.m. UK / 4:00 p.m. Europe for this complimentary webinar presented by industry expert Dr. James O. Westgard.
In this webinar you will learn to
- Translate this new ISO terminology into practical, plain-language tasks
- Transform a rigid set of requirements into a living laboratory workflow
- Convert vague ISO recommendations into tangible, achievable and measurable goals
- Find common ground for your quality management system, the convergence of TQM, CLIA, CLSI, and ISO 15189. You can avoid unnecessary duplication in your efforts.
Speaker: James O Westgard, Ph.D., FACB, Co-founder and principal in Westgard QC, Inc.
Dr. Westgard will demonstrate a simpler way to fulfill ISO 15189 requirements, particularly the technical requirements. If you are assessing the ISO 15189 standard for your laboratory, this is your chance to look before you leap. If you are preparing for ISO 15189 certification, this is your opportunity to embrace faster techniques. And if your lab is already certified, now is the time to identify where to make the next continuous improvements. Topics covered include:
- Connecting the classic Deming PDCA cycle (Plan-Do-Check-Act) to the ISO 15189 standard
- Pre-assessing and knowing your strengths and weaknesses before your inspector does
- Defining goals to make quality measureable and manageable
- Continuously monitoring your quality with carefully selected indicators
- Accelerating your implementation of a quality management system with easily mastered tools