Establishing a cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) laboratory advances scientific research, providing tangible benefits across the entire institution. Yet sometimes customers don’t have the resources to pay for the equipment and infrastructure or know where they can raise the necessary funding. Thermo Fisher Scientific can help your organization develop a financial plan, pinpointing potential funding sources, and providing unique financing options tailored to meet your specific needs.
We offer attractive options
Financing the equipment for a cryo-EM lab can be a challenge. Our finance professionals understand the unique procurement requirements of universities, governments, industry, and research labs—and we offer innovative financing options to help meet your bottom-line goals.
Managed Equipment Services (MES) lets you bundle all the hardware, software, and support services you need into a single subscription contract at a fixed payment. With MES, you can:
- Optimize your cash flow: Move away from large capital outlays to more affordable operating expenses paid on a predictable monthly, quarterly, or annual schedule.
- Simplify purchasing: Reduce procurement complexity by bundling all of your hardware, software, and services into a single contract.
- Get access to the latest cutting-edge technology: Avoid obsolete equipment by refreshing your technology on a three- to seven-year cycle.
Lease all the components you need under a single contract:
- Site preparation
- Technical support
- Instrument add-ons
- Technology refreshes
Our MES terms are 36 to 84 months with options to assume ownership, return the equipment, or upgrade new technology at the end of the term. The program is available to all qualifying US research organizations including academic, government, commercial, and nonprofit.
Deferred payment solutions as you await grant approval
Our Bridge to Grant (B2G) program offers bridge funding to help academic institutions set up their cryo-EM lab while waiting for their grant application to be approved:
- Once you’re awarded the grant, you simply purchase the system outright.
- If your grant isn’t approved, you can purchase the system using university funds or use a longer-term lease agreement.
B2G is a 3- to 12-month deferral solution that adheres to NIH grant guidelines. The program is available to US and EU academic institutions awaiting approval on a cryo-EM equipment grant application.