The Thermo Scientific Ceta-D Camera is a scintillator-based camera optimized for low-dose diffraction data collection. It is ideal for working with dose-sensitive materials, such as proteins, pharmaceutical molecules, and organic materials.
The camera’s high sensitivity allows for reliable detection of high-resolution, low-intensity diffraction peaks, and its high signal-to-noise ratio enables accurate measurement of the integrated peak intensity. Both of these properties are prerequisites for obtaining high-resolution structural information. After acquisition, the diffraction patterns and metadata are readily available for processing (similar to standard X-ray diffraction data), using software packages like DIALS or XDS. Resolutions better than 1 Å have been reported.
Coupled with the Ceta-D Camera, the MicroED Package provides all the necessary elements to perform micro electron diffraction, either on a new instrument or as a retrofit onto an existing tool. It includes:
- Thermo Scientific EPU-D Software for screening and automated data acquisition. EPU-D Software now expands the intuitive capabilities and unified user experience of Thermo Scientific EPU Software to the electron crystallography domain.
- Optimized smaller beam stop to mask the central beam without blocking low-resolution diffraction spots.
- Optimized aperture set to maximally suppress unwanted background signals from the area surrounding the crystal.
- Dedicated electron-optical settings to enable optimal camera utilization while benefiting from best sample-beam geometry.
The MicroED Package is a perfect match with the CETA-D Camera but may also be combined with other Thermo Scientific cameras for special application requirements.
- Optimized for low-dose diffraction data collection
- High sensitivity for reliable detection of high-resolution, low-intensity diffraction peaks
- High signal-to-noise ratio for accurate integrated peak intensity
- Dedicated software for crystal/diffraction screening as well as automated data acquisition
- Modified beam stop, optimized for micro electron diffraction
- Optical presets provide optimized camera exposure for MicroED
- Optimized C2/SA aperture set and 90° rotation projection system (200 kV systems only)
- Compatible with Thermo Scientific Krios, Glacios, Talos Arctica and Talos F200 Cryo-TEMs. For compatibility with other systems, please consult your sales representative
|Sensor||4,096 x 4,096, 14 μm pixel|
Fiber optic coupled scintillator (1:1) frame rate
Standard: 4k × 4k, 2 fps; 2k × 2k, 8 fps; 1k × 1k, 18 fps
Noise reduction: 4k × 4k, 2 fps; 2k × 2k, 6 fps; 1k × 1k, 6 fps
|Imaging performance||In 4k × 4k mode: DQE at 0.1 Nyquist: > 26% at 300 kV, > 40% at 200 kV|
|Duty cycle in movie mode||100% in rolling shutter mode|
>26 counts/primary electron at 200 kV
>22 counts/primary electron at 300 kV
On-axis, bottom mounted, retractable
MicroED is an exciting new technique with applications in the structural determination of small molecules and protein. With this method, atomic details can be extracted from individual nanocrystals (<200 nm in size), even in a heterogeneous mixture.
Electron microscopy services for
the life sciences
To ensure optimal system performance, we provide you access to a world-class network of field service experts, technical support, and certified spare parts.