Generate fast, reliable answers with less effort—even in busy, multi-user QC labs or teaching labs—with our compact, powerful FTIR spectrometers for the name you trust in FTIR: Nicolet. Today’s busy QA/QC and teaching laboratories demand fast answers with high confidence. You can rely on our compact Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometers to help you confidently identify, verify, or quantify materials faster than ever before.
The Nicolet Summit is available in four different models (LITE, X, PRO, and OA) to provide you with the best possible solution to fit your needs.
The Thermo Scientific Nicolet Summit X FTIR Spectrometer can help you reach new heights in productivity, allowing you to accomplish more in less time. It is ideal for both single-user labs and multi-user labs. Simple yet high-functionality software allows new and experienced users alike to use the instrument with ease. The Nicolet Summit X FTIR Spectrometer is designed with our unique LightDrive Optical Engine for the ultimate in reliability and accuracy.
The user-friendly interface of Thermo Scientific OMNIC Paradigm Software makes life in the lab less complicated thanks to programmed applications that streamline data acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- Reduced workflow set-up time: An intuitive, visual workflow creator with a drag-and-drop functionality guides you through the workflow creation.
- Audit-ready cGxP compliance: Achieve a high level of data integrity with our database infrastructure, data security software, and audit manager applications that keep you compliant with Pharmacopeia (Ph. Eur., USP, JP, and CP) instrument qualification. 21 CFR Part 11 compliance and data security packages are available.
- Data analysis anytime, anywhere: With full Wi-Fi connectivity on your PC, you can send data to your Thermo Fisher Connect account in the Cloud and analyze data away from the lab. Share data and collaborate with colleagues anywhere in the world to accelerate your research. Keep students engaged with data they can access in your teaching lab or in their dorm room.
- OMNIC Paradigm Desktop Software: Find what you need quickly from the Dashboard screen, create libraries, or perform multi-component searching.
The Thermo Scientific Nicolet Summit LITE FTIR Spectrometer delivers performance at a price you can afford. The Nicolet Summit LITE incorporates hardware and software innovation that helps users work faster and smarter. Engineered with the same Thermo Scientific LightDrive Optical Engine technology found in more advanced spectrometers, the Nicolet Summit LITE delivers improved instrument performance, increased laboratory productivity, and low cost of ownership, with a 5-year warranty on the interferometer, laser, and source.
Let the Nicolet Summit PRO FTIR Spectrometer help you reach new heights in productivity, so you can accomplish more in less time. Whether you are managing a QA/QC lab or a crowded teaching lab for university students, this spectrometer meets the demands of your busy, multi-user laboratory.
Along with the trusted high-performance optics and user-friendly interface of the OMNIC Paradigm Software, the Nicolet Summit PRO FTIR Spectrometer supports a range of useful features:
- Integrated computer: Save space and money when you run the OMNIC Paradigm Software on the built-in Windows 10® computer
- LightBar: Unique multi-colored (green, red, blue, yellow) LED lights on the front provide real-time feedback on instrument status and visual PASS/FAIL indication of product quality
- Touchscreen monitor (optional): Integrated touchscreen eliminated the need for a computer and provides a simplified, fast workflow interface
- Diamond ATR (optional): Thermo Scientific Everest ATR Accessory with a worry-free, monolithic diamond crystal eliminates the need for sample preparation
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity: Link the instrument directly to your network or send data to the cloud (Thermo Fisher Cloud)
- Compact design: Small footprint and rugged design fits neatly into any laboratory, making it ideal for multi-user QA/QC or teaching labs
- LightDrive Optical Engine: Improve spectral performance and data reproducibility so your answers stay consistent from one sample to the next; includes a 10-year warranty on IR source, laser, and interferometer
The Nicolet Summit OA FTIR Spectrometer delivers reliable data by minimizing the steps needed to measure and identify materials – all in a rugged, compact footprint. Easily develop custom workflows specific to the demands of your facility using OMNIC Paradigm Software. Bundle application-specific workflows into packages for easy implementation.
For the ultimate in reliability and accuracy, the Nicolet Summit OA FTIR Spectrometer is designed with our unique LightDrive Optical Engine.
- Improve data reproducibility: Our state-of-the-art infrared source eliminates hot spot migration, resulting in more consistent spectral data, especially through the integrated HATR accessory
- Low-cost ownership: A 10-year warranty on IR source, interferometer and laser for minimal maintenance comes standard. Service and support contracts and training are also available from Unity™ Lab Services or from our worldwide network of qualified dealers
- Factory-verified specification: Do better than just “typical” or “achievable” results
Nicolet Summit LITE
Nicolet Summit X
Nicolet Summit PRO
Nicolet Summit OA
LightDrive Optical Engine (laser, source, interferometer)
Warranty on LightDrive laser, source and interferometer
OMNIC Paradigm Software
Included library/reference spectra
USB External PC
USB External PC
Integrated Windows 10 Computer
Integrated Windows 10 Computer
Internal motorized aperture
You can move quickly from one sample to the next and have your colleague be able to repeat your success. That’s the power of the Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer combined with the OMNIC Paradigm software.
Visual LightBar feedback: The multi-colored LED light bar in the front of the instrument provides pass/fail results of product quality with just a quick glance. Monitor the status of your instrument (idle, collect, alert) and be assured it’s ready for the next user to generate consistent results (see video).
Be confident with Smart Background: Integrated intelligence is designed to automatically collect backgrounds so you can shorten your analysis time by 50%.
Flexibility with Built-in computer saves space: A fully integrated Windows® computer on the instrument runs the OMNIC Paradigm Software on the touchscreen interface with Summit PRO spectrometer.
More control with an external PC: Simply attach an external PC to directly control the Nicolet Summit LITE and X FTIR Spectrometer.
Need more proof?
Technical Note: Smart Background Cuts Analysis Time
What would it be like if you could cut your analysis time in half? Smart Background is a proprietary technology that completely removes the background collection step from your workflow.
The Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer is powered by our revolutionary Thermo Scientific OMNIC Paradigm Software to help you keep pace with all the daily demands on your lab. The user-friendly dashboard in OMNIC Paradigm Software helps you view instrument status and recent work, process your spectra, conduct multi-component searching, and create new libraries. Designed with lab managers and science educators in mind, this software helps automate workflows using an intuitive drag-and-drop workflow creator.
OMNIC Paradigm Software offers multiple advantages:
- Dashboard/Home screen for quick access of recent work
- Visual, drag-and-drop workflow creator with example templates
- Flexible, one-click library creation
- Pre-defined reporting templates exportable to Microsoft Office Suite
- Multi-component search functionality
- Full spectral processing and analysis tools (baseline correction, spectra math, peak area, peak height, etc.)
- Quantification prediction for Beer’s Law, PLS, CLS, etc.
- Multiple project windows and multi-monitor support
- Contamination analysis
Achieve the highest degree of data integrity and surpass your auditors’ expectations. Our database infrastructure, streamlined data security software, and Audit Manager applications keep your data compliant and well protected. Manage multiple user permissions, digitally sign important files, and track detailed user activity using the OMNIC Paradigm Security Suite Software.
Achieve a high level of data integrity with our database infrastructure, data security software, and audit manager applications that keep you compliant with Pharmacopeia (Ph. Eur., USP, JP, and CP) instrument qualification. 21 CFR Part 11 compliance and data security packages are available.
Verify raw materials and specifications of solid dosage drugs and identify contaminants to help protect your company’s reputation. The Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer is portable, so you can bring it to the production line for at-line process analysis or station an instrument near your incoming raw materials.
Understand what chemical properties you need to control when designing new materials. Advanced features allow you to catch changes in additive formulations, spot degradation of multi-layer polymer composites, identify weakened packaging materials, and see the effects of process curing times on polymer specifications.
Keep students engaged with this intuitive spectrometer and lesson plans that help you demonstrate different functional groups of the IR spectra. Have students quickly measure samples in a crowded teaching lab and then analyze data later, on or off campus, using the OMNIC Anywhere Software. Learn more about resources available for your classroom at www.thermofisher.com/specclassroom.
After optimizing your lithium battery alternatives (e.g., Li-S, Li-O2, Na-ion) and electrolyte formulations, inspect product quality and collect chemical information that assures specifications have been met. The non-destructive nature of FTIR spectroscopy makes this an ideal technique for quickly catching changes that can affect battery life and safety.
From leather interiors to dashboard components to fuel additives, the Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer can help you improve profitability, performance and appeal of your automotive design. Reveal the chemistry and composition of materials used to manufacture today’s fuel-efficient cars and trucks.
Measuring oil and grease in water-solvent free (ASTM D7575)
Eliminate sample prep with the Everest Diamond ATR Accessory for the Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer. A monolithic diamond ATR crystal and high-efficiency, all-reflective optics combine with a variety of interchangeable crystal plates to provide the robustness and flexibility required to meet your material identification and verification needs.
Simultaneously view and collect an infrared (IR) spectrum with the Czitek™ SurveyIR™ Microspectroscopy Accessory. Place this microsampling accessory in the sample compartment of the Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer to view and collect data in reflection, transmission, and ATR modes. A choice of three on-board illumination modes creates excellent contrast over a wide range of specimen morphologies.
Czitek and SurveyIR are trademarks of Czitek LLC.
Easily perform spectral analysis on large objects, artwork, and paintings using the Thermo Scientific ConservatIR FTIR External Reflection Accessory. This accessory measures samples too large to fit into a Thermo Scientific Nicolet FTIR Spectrometer sample compartment. The articulated arm simplifies sample analysis for specular, diffuse, and ATR measurements with the object in front, below, or above the spectrometer sample compartment. The ConservatIR accessory comes standard with a specular/diffuse reflection sampling head, and a diamond ATR sampling head is available as an option.
Save time, boost proficiency, and speed results by bundling services with your equipment purchase. When time is on the line, busy QA/QC and academic teaching laboratories require accuracy and speed—no exceptions. That’s why bundling the Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer along with Unity Lab Services Installation/Education Service augments abilities and spurs results.
Includes all Standard options, plus:
Reserve your installation/education services when you buy your equipment - it's as simple as adding a line to your purchase order. You can also add it separately up until your unit ships.
Download the installation/education services flyer
Access Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer resources anytime and keep your lab operating at peak. Whether you are a novice to spectroscopy or an experienced professional, helpful technical information for your Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer is just a click away.
Nicolet Summit support center has:
- Instrument setup instructions “Where to start”
- Paradigm Software how-to videos
- Maintenance protocols
- Analytical procedures
- And more…
Brochure: Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer
Selection Guide: Nicolet Spectrometer Selection Guide
Application note: Analysis of diamonds by FTIR spectroscopy
Application Note: Ensuring Product Safety and Efficacy of Alcohol-based Hand Sanitizers
Application Note: Identifying failures and ensuring quality of plastic materials
Application Note: QCheck in Paradigm Software to Quickly Verify Samples
Technical Guide: FTIR Virtual Lab
Technical Note: Determine Concentrations with Paradigm Workflows
Technical Note: Modern instrument, familiar computer
Technical Note: Smart Background Cuts Analysis Time
Spectroscopy Academy ›
See how you can advance productivity with a Thermo Scientific Nicolet Summit FTIR Spectrometer paired with Thermo Scientific OMNIC Paradigm Software.
Please complete the form below and we will contact you shortly.