Thermo Scientific Avantage Software is the best-in-class data system integrated in all Thermo Scientific XPS instruments (K-Alpha, Nexsa and ESCALAB Xi+) for precise, accurate, and reliable instrument control, data acquisition, data processing, and reporting. Whether you are working in a dedicated research lab or a multi-user environment, you can rely on the flexibility, feature-set, and intuitive operation of Avantage Software to enable you to obtain the maximum information from your samples, no matter your level of expertise.
This webinar is the first in a two-part series on Avantage Software. It is designed to offer training to current users of Avantage and act as an introduction to those unfamiliar with it.
Who should attend?
- Scientists interested in the surface chemistry of materials,
- Researchers and engineers using surface analysis,
- Current Avantage users.
By watching the webinar, you’ll learn how to:
- Perform a basic XPS analysis. The usual workflow to understand a material’s surface.
- Understand wide scan survey spectra to understand the elements present.
- Process high resolution scans to determine chemical composition, including peak deconvolution.