Learn the fundamentals of baculovirus protein expression using the ExpiSf Expression System. SmartStart Training for the ExpiSf Expression System through the LabCoat Live learning environment provides detailed reviews of the unique system components and the key workflow steps where optimal techniques will maximize results. LabCoat Live courses include professional, interactive education through online lectures and a self-paced, hands-on lab experiment using provided protocols and reagents.
This course is designed for scientists interested in baculovirus protein expression using the Gibco ExpiSf Expression System and for those who want to learn optimal techniques and troubleshooting for thawing, subculturing, transfecting, and expressing proteins in ExpiSf9 insect cells.
At the conclusion of this course, you should be able to:
- Outline the full ExpiSf insect expression system workflow, identify the key components of the system and when, how, and why to use each one
- Employ proven methods to clone and isolate bacmids and generate a high-titer baculovirus stock using the ExpiSf protocol
- Apply optimal techniques for thawing, subculture, transfection, and virus infection of ExpiSf9 cells to maximize cell health and protein expression levels
- Demonstrate knowledge of harvesting and titering recombinant baculovirus
- Demonstrate best practices for efficient protein harvest and accurate yield detection and quantitation
- Identify the workflow steps where optimization will have the most impact to improve future baculovirus protein expression results
- ExpiSf Expression System Starter Kit (Cat. No. A38841) containing all the key reagents needed to perform the course protocols. Note: Please inquire if you have already purchased the kit and are interested in training only.
- Five 60–90 minute interactive online lectures and a self-paced experiment conducted over 6 weeks to coordinate with the timing of the protein production workflow
- 2.5 months of access to class webpage, including downloadable notes and protocols, support videos, and dedicated question-and-answer forum
- Basic cell culture lab equipment (cell culture incubator, biosafety cabinet, orbital shaker, centrifuge, pipet aids, etc.) and some accessory reagents and consumables (sterile pipets, protein detection and/or quantitation reagents, etc.)
- Access to a flow cytometer
- A computer with internet access
- Functional knowledge of basic cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques, including sterile technique and protein analysis
SmartStart Training for the ExpiSf Expression System through the LabCoat Live learning environment is scheduled on the following dates:
- Jul 23 – Aug 31, 2018
- Oct 1 – Nov 9, 2018
To inquire about a course, please complete the inquiry form below and our training coordinator will contact you to confirm course dates within 2 business days.
LabCoat Live: SmartStart Training for the ExpiSf Expression System
*Group pricing available for multiple participants.
* Required field
Please complete the form below to express interest in this training course.