A portfolio of bovine tuberculosis diagnostic solutions recognized by the OIE and FLI
Bovine tuberculosis (bTB) is a major infectious disease that affects the lungs and lymph nodes of ruminants, and can spread from animals to humans via aerosols or through the consumption of unpasteurized dairy products from an infected animal. An outbreak of bTB can contribute to significant economic consequences as a result of reduced milk yields, culling of herds, and restrictions on meat exports from affected areas.
Our bTB portfolio provides the only source for all official OIE-prescribed bTB tests. This comprehensive selection of bTB diagnostic solutions includes tuberculin purified protein derivatives (PPDs) for cattle skin tests and interferon-γ tests (BOVIGAM assays), which can be used separately or in combination with skin tests to yield objective, highly reliable results. The Applied Biosystems VetMAX M. tuberculosis Complex Real-Time PCR Kit can then be used to confirm suspicious results.
The BOVIGAM TB kit is the only bovine tuberculosis interferon-γ in vitro assay that is OIE-registered and has been validated by the OIE as the primary, stand-alone test for screening and confirmation in bTB-infected areas.
Robust TB diagnostics applied to African buffalos
Bovine tuberculosis endangers animal species in the South African Hluhluwe-iMfolozi national park. Check out how our robust bovine TB diagnostics are used in the park on African buffalos.
Contact a TB specialist for help with your specific TB program or for more information about the BOVIGAM TB test.
Proven solutions that adapt to your unique bTB testing needs
The World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) has approved the registration of the BOVIGAM TB Kit in the OIE Manual of Diagnostic Tests and Vaccines for Terrestrial Animals 2015. It is the only bovine tuberculosis, interferon-γ in vitro assay that is OIE-registered, and it has been validated by the OIE as the primary, stand-alone test for screening and confirmation in bTB-infected areas. This diagnostic kit is used for bTB detection in cattle, sheep, goats, and buffalo, and is widely used in tuberculosis surveillance programs in Europe, North America, South America, Australia, South Africa, and New Zealand.
The test offers:
- Rapid diagnosis to help improve herd management
- Optimal analytical sensitivity for bTB detection
- Objective and reproducible results
- Help in reducing costs and length of farm closures
An updated version of the BOVIGAM test that delivers the same reliable quality, along with M.O.R.E. benefits:
M = More robust with improved repeatability for borderline samples
O = One component substrate
R = Reduced costs per animal due to flexible test capacity
E = Easy to use due to streamlined protocol
Optimize your local bTB program by choosing a combination of stimulants that satisfies your sensitivity and specificity requirements:
- BOVIGAM Tuberculin PPDs for highest sensitivity
- Peptide Cocktail PC-EC for highest specificity
- Peptide Cocktail PC-HP for high sensitivity and high specificity
- Pokeweed mitogen, which checks for quality of blood samples (viability control)
Reliable diagnostic solution for the rapid diagnosis of bovine tuberculosis in cattle.
Helps reduce costs for bTB programs
- Uses one PCR reaction to detect all seven strains of the M. tuberculosis complex
- Single-well duplex format
Fast and simple to use
- Time from sample preparation to result is ~3 hours, compared to up to six weeks for the classical M. bovis culture
- All components in one kit
Confidence in results
- Includes Applied Biosystems™ VetMAX™ Xeno™ Internal Positive Control help prevent false signals from nonspecific targets
- Diagnostic sensitivity of 96.6% and specificity of 98.1% in a French field study
Our tuberculin PPDs have been used to manufacture the World Health Organization (WHO) reference standard, and are available in a kit for single intradermal comparative cervical tuberculin (SICCT) test and single cervical tuberculin (SCT) test.
- Unique matching ensures that the difference in actual potency between Bovine Tuberculin PPD and Avian Tuberculin PPD does not exceed 500 IU/dose
- Meet European Pharmacopoeia monograph requirements
- Validated for use in animals starting from 0 days of age
- Manufactured in one of the world’s largest tuberculin production sites
- Delivered in a convenient, cost-efficient method (may be transported at +2 °C - +37 °C for up to 14 days)
* These are regulated products and require a special order process. For more information, email Prionics Lelystad BV at email@example.com