Foot and mouth disease (FMD) is a highly contagious viral disease that affects all cloven-hoofed animals and is widespread throughout the world.
The FMD virus is a member of the genus Apthovirus in the family Picornaviridae. There are seven serotypes of FMD virus: O, A, C, SAT 1, SAT 2, SAT 3, and Asia 1. Infection with any one serotype does not confer immunity against other serotypes.
The presence of FMD is a significant economic threat to the livelihood of the livestock industry due to the resulting culling of herds and restriction on meat exports from affected areas. Domesticated species, cattle, pigs, sheep, and goats are susceptible to FMD.
PrioCHECK FMDV testing—trusted solutions
Fast and simple test procedure
- Total assay time (including washing and preparation) less than 150 minutes
High sensitivity and specificity
- Among best of class sensitivity and specificity
Robust and reliable
- Comprised of tests for: FMDV Type O (most abundant type for outbreaks), FMDV Type A, FMDV Type Asia 1, and FMDV NS (DIVA), plus FMD vaccine batch in-process control and qPCR reagents for all seven serotypes
- Developed in cooperation with top-institutes like the DVI (Danish Veterinary Institute) and the CVI (Central Veterinary Institute, NL)
- Used in more than 20 National Reference Labs worldwide
- Accepted by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) to show freedom of FMD virus after an outbreak (recovery phase)
The PrioCHECK FMDV non-structural (NS) and type-specific antibody ELISA kits provide a comprehensive tool for a full cross-check to find residual virus after an outbreak and during normal surveillance.
Identification of positive animals
The PrioCHECK antibody ELISA kits can be used for identification of positive animals in a herd and monitoring of herd status.
Reduced risk for re-introduction
Imported animals can be tested before joining the herd, minimizing the risk of introducing FMD to the region. Imported meat from endemic regions can be similarly tested.
PrioCHECK FMDV NS Antibody ELISA Kit
The PrioCHECK FMDV NS ELISA detects antibodies against the 3ABC antigens of the highly conserved NS protein of the virus. It is a unique tool for the control of all serotypes of FMD virus and it can be used to descriminate between vaccinated and unvaccinated animals.
- Screening of the economic relevant cloven-hoofed animals cattle, pig, goat and sheep
- Used for surveillance and screening
- Fit for all vaccination strategies (DIVA test)
- Rated as best-in-class FMD NS ELISA in EU Funded Project*
- Test of choice in over 20 NRLs worldwide
- Option of short (2 hours) or long incubation (16–18 hours)
*2006 Session of the Research Group of the Standing Technical Committee of EuFMD - Paphos, Cyprus, 17-20 October 2006. (PDF)
PrioCHECK FMDV Type-Specific (O, A, and Asia 1 ) Antibody ELISA kits
The PrioCHECK FMDV Type O, PrioCHECK FMDV Type A and PrioCHECK FMDV Type Asia 1 kits are blocking ELISAs for the recognition of a particular virus serotype and can be used for screening and confirmation in outbreak situations.
- Screening of the economically relevant cloven-hoofed animals such as cattle, pigs, goats, and sheep
- Unique set of commercially available serotype-specific ELISAs
- Used for surveillance and screening in non-vaccinated herds
- Type O ELISA successfully used during outbreaks in Mongolia, UK, S. Korea, and China
- Tests of choice in over 20 NRLs worldwide
PrioCHECK FMD IPC 3ABC Kit for vaccine testing
The PrioCHECK FMD IPC 3ABC Kit is a fast, highly sensitive, and cost-effective tool to determine FMDV vaccine purity. It is an in-process control (IPC), filtration-assisted chemiluminometric immunoassay (FAL-ELISA) used to detect and quantify 3ABC protein in vaccine-antigen batches regardless of their volume and composition.
- Ensures the high purity of vaccine that is needed for the application of DIVA tests (free of 3ABC antigene)
- Quantifies ng amounts of 3ABC
- Easy-to-use platform
- Reduces costs and potentially replaces in vivo testing
For Veterinary Use Only. For In Vitro Use Only. Regulatory requirements vary by country; products may not be available in your geographic area.