Get to the results faster while saving time, solvent and money
Using organic acids and aqueous solvents or acids and bases at high temperatures and pressures, the Thermo Scientific™ Dionex™ ASE™ Accelerated Solvent Extraction system extracts compounds from solid and semi-solid samples quickly with small solvent volume. You will save time, solvent, and money, and generate results in a fraction of the time compared to traditional techniques such as Soxhlet or sonication.
Common applications of accelerated solvent extraction
- TPH (DRO)
- Air sampling cartridges
- Brominated flame retardants
- Active ingredients
- Drug delivery devices/packaging
- Oils/organic acids
- Xylene solubles
- Polymer additives
- Natural products
- Pesticide residues
- Herbal/dietary supplements
- Paper and pulp
- Textiles and fibers
Featured accelerated solvent extraction categories
The Dionex ASE system performs extraction in your choice of stainless steel or Thermo Scientific™ Dionium™ extraction cells. They are available in a variety of sizes to suit your extraction requirements.
Worn extraction cell parts have to be periodically replaced to ensure a proper seal and to maximize the efficiency of your Dionex ASE extraction system. Parts include extraction cell bodies, PEEK seals, snap rings, and much more.
Filters and thimbles hold solid and semisolid samples in the extraction cells, prevent plugging of the fluid path, maximize separation of solvent, and make extraction cell cleaning easier. Filters are available in high-quality cellulose for routine use and in glass fiber for specialized applications.
Sorbents and dispersants are used to improve recovery of analytes during or after extraction. These Dionex ASE-Prep products disperse the sample matrix, remove moisture, neutralize mineral acids and bases, or clean up extracts after extraction.
- The CHROMacademy Essential Guide Webcast: Troubleshooting Sample Preparation
- Improving Dioxin Extraction Using In-Cell Pressurized Liquid Extraction: A Case Study for Solid Sample Matrices
- A Novel New Moisture Absorbing Polymer for Extraction Applications
- Increase Productivity with Automated Sample Preparation
Dionex ASE Accelerated Solvent Extraction application notebooks are now available for download:
- Food Safety ASE Applications
- Environmental ASE Applications
- Environmental ASE Technical Resource Guide
- Analysis of Oil Content in Biodiesel Feedstock by ASE
- Rapid Determination of Persistent Organic Pollutants
- Simultaneous Determination of Tri- and Hexavalent Chromium
- Extraction & Cleanup of Acrylamide in Complex Matrices
- Total Fat Extraction from Food Using ASE with GC-MS Analysis
- A More Cost-efficient Extraction Method for Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAH) in Sediments and Soils using Accelerated Solvent Extraction (ASE)