Speed up trace metal analysis
Metals, especially toxic heavy metals, can contaminate our air, water, and soil and damage public health. Bringing a brighter tomorrow means providing trace metal analysis capabilities that help you comply with regulations and ensure our drinking waters are free from toxic heavy metals, as well as to provide metal analysis solutions for product development, quality control, corrosion control, and other applications.
Different metal analysis applications may need different instrumentation depending on the different regulations, concentration ranges, and detection limit. AA and GFAA are ideal economical instruments for analysis of a few elements, while ICP-OES and ICP-MS are used for multi-element analysis especially in a high throughput format. ICP-OES is suitable for tough matrices because it is tolerant for high total dissolved solids up to 30%. However, ICP-MS uses collision cell technology to remove polyatomic interferences, thereby lower detection limit to parts per trillion. With triple quadrupole ICP-MS and high resolution ICP-MS, advanced environmental and geosciences applications can be achieved accurately. Read our metal analysis information learning center page for detailed applications and trouble-shooting tips.
Versatile capabilities that overcome any challenge in environmental trace elemental analysis.
Learn about the latest breakthroughs for metal contaminants analysis
- Learning Center: View our analytical solutions
- Webinar: Simply Everyday Trace Elemental Analysis. This two-part webinar series focuses on environmental sample analysis using ICP-OES and ICP-MS.
- Webinar: High-matrix Sample Analysis . This two-part webinar series features guest speaker Brian Walker and our experts on wastewater or other high matrix sample analysis.
- Technical note: Argon Gas Dilution for High-Matrix Samples talks about how argon gas dilution is used to purify seawater without dilution.
- Technical note: PrepFast Autodilution for Matrix Tolerance and Productivity illustrates how automated dilution is applied to increase throughput and productivity.
Access this Toolkit to learn from application and industry experts about workflows and innovations that you can implement to advance your environmental water testing. Explore eBooks, application notes, white papers, case studies, webinars and more to optimize your sample processing and analysis.