The Thermo Scientific 43iQ Sulfur Dioxide (SO2) gas analyzer utilizes pulsed fluorescence technology to measure the amount of sulfur dioxide in the air. The pulsing of the UV source lamp serves to increase the optical intensity whereby a greater UV energy throughput and lower detectable SO2 concentration are realized. Reflective bandpass filters, as compared to commonly used transmission filters, are less subject to photochemical degradation and more selective in wavelength isolation. This results in both increased detection specificity and long term stability.
The iQ Series Instrument Platform is a smart environmental monitoring solution for ambient and source gas analysis that affords greater control over instrument performance and data availability.
- Distributed Measurement and Control (DMC) module design simplifies serviceability. Each DMC module contains its own microprocessor control enabling functional performance validation at the module level.
- Built-in predictive diagnostics and preventive maintenance schedules identify problems before they occur. The iQ Series platform sends email notifications directly to Thermo Fisher Scientific’s world class service support team or locally identified addressees in order to proactively communicate analyzer performance conditions and identify spare parts needs before an operational concern arises.
- The iQ Series platform supports Modbus, streaming and VNC protocols over serial and Ethernet as well as analog and digital I/O for easy integration into most data management systems.
- Three standard USB ports afford convenient data download capability as well as the ability to connect additional hardware, such as a computer keyboard or mouse.
- The iQ Series GUI runs on a 7” color touchscreen display. The GUI is highly flexible and can be customized to enable a tailored experience to simplify daily operations. Custom designed ePort software allows remote access to the analyzer with a PC. The ePort control mirrors the same GUI look and feel as the instrument touchscreen providing a speedy and familiar operational experience.