Instruments for Persistent Organic Pollutant (POPs) Analysis
Thermo Fisher Scientific has a strong commitment to supporting laboratories charged with the task of researching and monitoring POPs. Our commitment ensures high productivity, added value solutions for some of the most challenging POPs determinations.
Featured instruments for POPs analysis categories
The fully automated ASE 350 system offers accelerated solvent extraction (ASE™), a patented technique for the extraction of solid and semisolid sample matrices using common solvents at elevated temperatures and pressures.
The many steps involved in sample preparation can now be automated with ASE flow-through technology. Filtration and cleanup of solid samples can be achieved as part of the solvent extraction process in a single step. ASE offers a lower cost per sample than other techniques, reducing solvent consumption by up to 90%.
- Extractions for sample sizes 1–100 g in minutes
- Dramatic solvent reduction
- Suitable for acidic and alkaline matrices
- Approved for use by the U.S. EPA and CLP Program
The Thermo Scientific™ DFS™ High Resolution GC/MS is the most advanced high resolution mass spectrometer built for target compound analysis and for solving general organic analytical questions.
The DFS features:
- Highest sensitivity
- Highest signal/noise
- Lowest limits of detection
- Lowest limits of quantitation
- Highest selectivity
- Highest sample throughput
- Unattended automatic operation
Thermo Scientific™ TargetQuan 3 software is uniquely tailored for a workflow orientated POPs quantification. This software package is designed specifically to serve laboratories charged with performing routine quantification of POPs in a regulated environment. With TargetQuan 3, comprehensive processing of MS, MS/MS and HRMS data is possible on a single software platform for the seamless quantification of:
- Dioxins and furans
- Polychorinated biphenyls
- Brominated flame retardants
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers
- Polychlorinated napthalenes
- Other target compounds requiring isotope dilution techniques
A Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS™) is the foundation for delivering accurate, consistent, and traceable results—using standardized processes that meet regulatory guidelines, ensure public safety, and monitor quality throughout the entire sampling, testing, and reporting process.
- Reduce transcription errors
- Allow better utilization of staff
- Reduce the amount of time spent keying in data
- Permit user defined calculations and results
- Improve turnaround time
- Provide a clear picture of the status of a user's samples
- Allow for rapid extraction of large datasets, for statistical or other analysis
- Avoid mix-ups with samples and/or results
- Respond to problems in a timely manner
POPs Center of Excellence
To reinforce our commitment, we have established a POPs Center of Excellence; staffed with experts in POPs analysis, to be used as a direct resource for our customers and associates.
Attend the virtual conference from your desk. Review presentations and articles from experts in environmental analysis and download for future reference. Join the experience and hear expert testimonials on current global POPs concerns.